Thread: AFR not changing with PE

Tuner in Training

AFR not changing with PE

Like the title says, my AFR does not seem to be changing much (if at all) with PE changes. I have tested my PE from 1.165 to 1.200 and my average WOT AFR is staying between 12.7 - 12.9 or there about. Seems to get a touch richer as I lower my commanded PE AFR but nowhere near commanded. It doesn't even seem to scale linearly (ie, lowering commanded AFR by .5 does not lower actual by .5).

Car was street tuned and for the life of me I can't figure out what in the tune is causing this. Prior to having the car street tuned I did a mail order tune from my camshaft vendor and the car responded perfectly to PE changes. One thing I did find was that LTFT's were locked at 1.0 and they were never changing, regardless of what the STFT's were doing. I've reset them back to stock (1.250 / 0.750 max/min) but I'm still getting the same 12.7-9 AFR despite my PE being at 1.2.

Can't be running out of fuel as I had no problems getting even an 11.2 AFR prior to the latest tune with the same mods.

C6 / LS3 / E38 / M6 Trans

Thoughts?

Advanced Tuner
    could you post tune and log file

edit - or an easy test to make sure the wideband sensor/gauge is working just add like 15% fueling to your fueling chart whether it be maf or ve and see if the afr changes
    Last edited by TCSS07; 07-01-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    make sure your logging fuel pressure as it could be failing, another thing did you adjust the airmodel /MAF to see any changes
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Hi All, thanks for the replies! Sorry I have been away from here a few days, I will post up the files as soon as I can get to my laptop.