Thread: Compare feature not working anyone have this problem before

Compare feature not working anyone have this problem before

Im trying to make a Stock file using the compare feature. when ever I do this using a stock file from one iv read or received from a friend my car goes into PATS. From my understanding I don't need to license the file in order to copy information. Process I do is open file I currently have. Select stock file in compare feature. View comparison Log and copy over all diffrences. I have even tried Copy and pasting tables one at a time but it seems it corrupts the file and it either wont load the file at all and put my car in PATS mode or the file will load and car still goes into PATS. In which sometimes I must delete all saved tunes and start from scratch to get rid of PATS..

Already sent support a ticket, still waitin on response hoping some in here can help

Advanced Tuner
    The only time I've ever run into write issues is when the car's battery was low... so I'll use jumper cables + my other vehicle running to 'charge' it and write at the same time. Worked perfectly. Try this (with your method of charging obviously)?

Also are you doing a write entire or write cal? I mostly use write cal.... Try changing a single value and write cal it and see what happens?
    Last edited by blackbolt22; 07-02-2018 at 06:15 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    are you opening your file against YOUR stock file or someone elses? You really never know whats been done to a file from someone elses vehicle so use the compare feature with caution, some changes can corrupt an ecm to the point of no return. When in doubt dealer flash tool is ALWAYS your best bet.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    are you opening your file against YOUR stock file or someone elses? You really never know whats been done to a file from someone elses vehicle so use the compare feature with caution, some changes can corrupt an ecm to the point of no return. When in doubt dealer flash tool is ALWAYS your best bet.
    It?s with another stock file I got from my other 5.0. Even with just copying over a table that has the same parameters and values it still goes into PATS

And yes I write cal only now with the option available. But if I copy and paste one value no matter if it?s the same axis the ecu still locks itself untill I out the previous/my tune back in

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    My suggestion would be to have it flashed to stock via oem flash tool in that case, its highly doubtful something we'll be able to fix on a software level on our end but our support team should put it in front of the engineers that know best.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowleen View Post
    And yes I write cal only now with the option available. But if I copy and paste one value no matter if it?s the same axis the ecu still locks itself untill I out the previous/my tune back in
    You may have tried this already but: Try doing a new read to create a new file (off of the cal that works). Then disable the DTC P0605 so you can do a write cal, raise idle RPM, and finally try a write cal again.

If that didn't/doesn't work then Bill's answer is going to be your last resort I think

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    You may have tried this already but: Try doing a new read to create a new file (off of the cal that works). Then disable the DTC P0605 so you can do a write cal, raise idle RPM, and finally try a write cal again.

If that didn't/doesn't work then Bill's answer is going to be your last resort I think
    Alright I?ll gice this a try and see if it works haven?t tried reading as a new file yet.
    And yeah I might have to get a dealer flash

Tuner in Training OverNightPartsFromJapan's Avatar
    Alright I?ll gice this a try and see if it works haven?t tried reading as a new file yet.
    And yeah I might have to get a dealer flash
    Hey bud, did you ever figure out anything more on this issue? I'm going through the exact same scenario and would love to know why! Thanks man

yeah you have to copy things over one by one when it comes to files that don't have the same strategy. no idea why this issue happens. when it does though it corrupts all files you try to adjust from then on. only way iv been able to go around it was to delete and redownload everything including the programs. try posting your your strategy and asking if someone on here has the same stock strategy file.

Senior Tuner
    Doesn't need to be same strategy compare just doesn't work on everything between the Roush OS and regular.

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Doesn't need to be same strategy compare just doesn't work on everything between the Roush OS and regular.
    Usually I would agree with you but with my special car it was all the strategy found one that wasn’t even to my car with same strategy reg to roush and was able to use it without problems. Maybe it’s different for others. I can only speak what worked for me.

Senior Tuner
    Stock tune? Sometimes you get a Ford Racing Performance Pack strategy.

Yes stock tune. And it was out of a 2011 5.0 my car was originally a Saleen tuned car with a roush strategy

Advanced Tuner
    I swapped strategies before and wanted to keep the timing I had on my old strategy. As Bill mentioned, not everything is compatible strategy to strategy. I would get the PATS, check engine light, all kinds of dash lights. I pin pointed the error and the new strategy would not accept the values in Spark > Advance > Idle Spark Advance. All the Derivative and Proportional tables had to stay with its own strategy. New strategy would not work with these 5 tables from my old strategy. This is not noticable in performance.

Senior Tuner
    If you change Idle Spark Advance even staying in same strategy it has a fit and won't even start in my experience

iv noticed if I input data one by one without copy and paste, it will accept anything I input. but once I use compare or copy and paste I get the dead dash with shit load of lights and no crank.

Advanced Tuner
    iv noticed if I input data one by one without copy and paste, it will accept anything I input. but once I use compare or copy and paste I get the dead dash with shit load of lights and no crank.
    There are 2 scenarios I know when this happens. 1.) Vehicle battery too low. 2.) A bad tune file.

#2 Just happened for the first time in my last tuning session. HPT was creating a bad file when I saved it. It would start writing and then crash. It seemed to be increasing the size of the file by 1K and happened twice even after a reboot. In one of the 'corrupt' files it interpolated data in an entire table... To fix I had to go back TWO tunes and start fresh. It seemed the last tune I was adjusting and saving to make the new tune was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    There are 2 scenarios I know when this happens. 1.) Vehicle battery too low. 2.) A bad tune file.

#2 Just happened for the first time in my last tuning session. HPT was creating a bad file when I saved it. It would start writing and then crash. It seemed to be increasing the size of the file by 1K and happened twice even after a reboot. In one of the 'corrupt' files it interpolated data in an entire table... To fix I had to go back TWO tunes and start fresh. It seemed the last tune I was adjusting and saving to make the new tune was the problem.
    im going to give this a try next time instead of delteing and starting fresh and having to redo everything I can remember. Im going to go back a few tunes. Did you use the compare feature and copy over all the old data to the current tune or you save a different tune everytime you make an adjustment