Thread: Runs Rich after flash

Tuner in Training

Runs Rich after flash

Having some issues on this 2015 Camaro. After a flash it seems to run rich for at least the first drive cycle (usually the one we're tuning on). So of course we leaned out the whole tune since while tuning it was always the first drive cycle that we were logging/tuning with. Now after you let the car sit for a bit and fire it up, it runs extremely lean. But if I make no changes, and just reflash the car (same exact tune), it runs great again.

Attached are two logs, "IdleLean" shows after it's sit for a while and not the first drive cycle. It's maxing out the STFT and LTFT and still O2's are showing lean. Wide band confirms these. But if I make no changes to the tune that's on it, and just reflash back over it runs great again. "IdleGoodAfterFlash" log shows this. Idle after flash shows a injpw of 0.4 and it runs great. IdleLean has an injpw of 0.8 (double) and still lean?

Looking back at a bunch of other logs ~1.0-1.4 injpw seems normal for idle (other cars). This is running 91oct on 80lb injectors.

Any ideas? Is there some delay after flash that it needs to work through? Never encountered this before.

Tuner in Training
    There's no option to attach files?

Tuner in Training
    Files attached. Apparently Google Chrome looks 100% different on this forum, but IE worked.

IdleGoodAfterFlash-1.hplIdleLean-1.hpl

Thank you Engineer! Exactly the info I was looking for.

Tuning Addict
    Don't do as told in the video to zero out the table. There are links and corrector ways to address this.