Thread: BF F6 in an XP Tune problems

Potential Tuner

BF F6 in an XP Tune problems

Can somebody help, tune changes from closed to open loop as engine temp increases from cold start, becomes very rich. Log and tune file attached.long turm on 10%more low slope.hptfirst wideband working.hpl

Any help would be great,
    Thanks Ron

Potential Tuner
    What injectors are you running in the car?

Potential Tuner
    Id 1000

Potential Tuner
    newO2 sensor.hpl

New O2 sensor log

Advanced Tuner
    used attach for ID 1000 data in a BF.

note voltage offset and specifically the volt axis being different to yours.

use scalings, offset, breakpoint and min PW.

also reference CL02 sensor temp to enable closed loop.

make sure your stoich value is correct for your fuel.

incorrect injector data will cause havoc trying to go into warmed up CL and work properly. Personally id disable Long term trims too.

ensure you have a MAP referenced fuel reg and base pressure is 4 bar or 58psi.

if your injectors are china copy IDs or another brand 1000cc unit then this data wont work properly.

620whp file gives some scaling reference for X-Spurt 1000cc inj. just ignore the stoich value as both attached files were on E85

ID1000cc BF.hpt620whp.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Luke, will try those changes this arvo. Can I ask why disable the LTFT, not doubting you, just trying to learn as much as I can.

Advanced Tuner
    it can alter the closed loop fueling over time and I don't want anything else controlling fueling in the calibration other than short term trims to reach stoich ONLY WHEN I REQUEST THAT they do that and the OL commanded values that don't change. (unless something mechanical changes or fails etc).

that's my take on it. everyone is different and there are many ways to skin a cat. I disable long term trims in all my calibrations. Ford GM Chrysler etc. if the short trims aren't playing the game or reporting correct data ill even disable them and tune full open loop with the GM stuff. you cant successfully do that with the b series barra that im aware of. too much in the background we cant see.

Potential Tuner
    Cool, makes sense. Will make some changes this arvo and post new log. Thanks again.

Advanced Tuner
    when you get the injector data correct you'll know. a factory cams pump fuel Barra will turn key start straight away hot or cold. not stall dropping into gear or coasting to a stop, itll drive smooth and log reasonable short term trims.

that's when you know you're ready for the dyno to check the breakpoint it right, dial in the high slope and start your WOT tuning.

Potential Tuner
    Tried everything you suggested, unfortunately the car ran worse. I think I have an issue with the O2 sensor wiring, will look at getting that working correctly before trying anything else with the tune. Will give you a shout when I get that sorted. Thanks again for the advise and have a great weekend.
    Cheers Ron