Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The "I'm making my Fiesta 1.0 not so detestable" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahmanitsmurph View Post
    Damn. Well best I can do is get my car read/sent to HPTuners Support and do some more waiting. SCT apparently has these cars on their release schedule as well, so I guess we'll see which comes out first.
    Send in the read.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Send in the read.
    Not sure what controller to use.

**Nevermind. Sent!
    Last edited by yeahmanitsmurph; 07-31-2018 at 08:53 PM.

hell yeah. Get that tune. I'll help if you need it and if I'm able.

Update: Got my turbo hard pipe today and wow. BIG difference. At 4000ft and 90* ambient temps it can roast the tires. Butt dyno notices a huge difference. Hoping to log tomorrow, send a report, and see if I can increase airflow limits again. I never thought a 1.0L could be fun to drive. I'm smiling for sure!
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Finally logged and sent an example to support.

0-60 is still 8 seconds at 113* iat2 but now with wheel spin included.

Metroplex if you're still following this thread, any advice on increasing timing? I changed the tables that made sense but timing remains the same. Should I just increase every table that has timing values? I'm on e30 as of today.

Which tables are you adjusting? It should be Borderline. If you set more spark in Borderline than the corresponding load/RPM for that weighted map in MBT, the ECU will go with MBT. You shouldn't be going more than MBT in most cases. What I normally do is add 4 degrees (or something small) incrementally for all the borderline spark tables in the load/RPM cells I want.

Those are the tables I nodded and didn't see any increase in timing so I set it stock again. Perhaps it was seeing knock and pulling timing. I'll try that again and surely it won't knock on E30. There's a dyno day I really want to go to in October. I'd love to see what it makes

How much are you adding and where are you adding them?
    Are you logging Spark Advance, Knock Retard, and Spark Source? I forgot what I did or what happened, but if the Spark Source is "Base", it will ignore the extra timing you are adding to BKT tables.

Iirc it say borderline most times. The knock pids do not work for my engine. I have already put in a request for airflow and a couple others that don't work months ago and had no response yet. Advance is around 3* in third gear

I have stuff in their queue from like 4-6 months ago, I think they are working on more support for the new interface. One issue I have on the Fusion Sport is if I use the paddle shifters, it goes to a different demand table or something that limits torque and I keep seeing insufficient fuel. But if I just punch it WOT in Sport mode (without ever touching the paddles) it's fine.

How much spark at WOT are you requesting in your BKTs? It should be in the 4000+ RPM / 1.00+ airload region.

I believe mine I waited until 1.3ish or more load and 4000rpm to be safe. It hits 1.3 pretty quickly. It gets fiestier with time so I'm going to assume it was a knock thing for now

I threw a tune on the fiesta today and logged it on e30. I very slightly changed the stoich value and added timing, then set WOT enrichment to .89 lambda. I am hitting 10-11* of timing in second and third instead of the stock 5.5-6*. I presume it will learn up a little too. A 0-100 run in an abandoned street took roughly 20 seconds with a terrible launch. 0-60 is still right at 8 seconds with a terrible launch. The car is infinitely more fun to drive than it was stock.

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    What kind of air mass flow are you seeing with your 1.0 engine?
    I realize it's been almost 2 years but I've picked up tuning again and the scanner has been fixed for a lot of my problems. I tried selling the car, but anyone who has been interested can't drive manual. I'm running around a max of 12lbs/min in this 1.0 in second gear. I've also greatly reduced the tendency of the transmission to grind and be generally terrible shifting 1-2 and 2-3 at WOT(or almost WOT). In the transmission section, I disabled the "gear shift hang" and it is way more driveable. I figure I'll mix it to e30 fuel again and try messing with it again since nobody wants to buy the car.

Wow 12 lb/min? I guess every little bit helps on that engine.

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    Wow 12 lb/min? I guess every little bit helps on that engine.
    I suppose so. Note this is a 3 changes from a stock tune(+15% airflow limit, PE fueling, gear shift hang), not my previously tinkered-with tune. I'll see how high I can get it. Safely, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by CatnipG5Bandit View Post
    I suppose so. Note this is a 3 changes from a stock tune(+15% airflow limit, PE fueling, gear shift hang), not my previously tinkered-with tune. I'll see how high I can get it. Safely, that is.
    Enjoyed reading this thread. Weird why very little tune wise has been done on the 1.0 in the US. I had one, ran 26psi boost and around 15-16deg timing on 99ron fuel and ran 155-160 at the fly. Main thing with the 1.0's is to use high octane fuel and aim for around 11.6 afr. Bring in torque gradually as the 5 speed trans has weak syncro's in lower gears. Intercooler really helps them too.

Quote Originally Posted by CFGBR95 View Post
    Enjoyed reading this thread. Weird why very little tune wise has been done on the 1.0 in the US. I had one, ran 26psi boost and around 15-16deg timing on 99ron fuel and ran 155-160 at the fly. Main thing with the 1.0's is to use high octane fuel and aim for around 11.6 afr. Bring in torque gradually as the 5 speed trans has weak syncro's in lower gears. Intercooler really helps them too.
    Are you in the US? Did you use HPT for that? I've only been able to reach 235kpa max and I would like to know what to change to increase that.

In the UK but the US and UK strategies are very close I think. I used winols, you can access loads more tables in it but its harder to use. Would have dig out the info I had as it was ages ago and had help from a tuner over here. I just know there are loads limiters such as lspi, load, torque, temp based one etc

Quote Originally Posted by CatnipG5Bandit View Post
    Are you in the US? Did you use HPT for that? I've only been able to reach 235kpa max and I would like to know what to change to increase that.
    Are you looking at Manifold Absolute Pressure? One change that I've made was to increase the torque limits for Optimum Power in Torque Management > General > Maximum Torque > Max Torque OP 1

I copied the stock 5th (and 6th) gear values down to 3rd and 4th, and copied the original 4th gear values to 2nd, and I was seeing at least 2psi more boost on Manifold Absolute Pressure.

The only other thing I've touched was to disable the Gear Shift Hang, which I agree makes shifting much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by pigoman92 View Post
    Are you looking at Manifold Absolute Pressure? One change that I've made was to increase the torque limits for Optimum Power in Torque Management > General > Maximum Torque > Max Torque OP 1

I copied the stock 5th (and 6th) gear values down to 3rd and 4th, and copied the original 4th gear values to 2nd, and I was seeing at least 2psi more boost on Manifold Absolute Pressure.

The only other thing I've touched was to disable the Gear Shift Hang, which I agree makes shifting much easier.
    Yep, MAP is what I'm reading. This 235kpa was on e30 so I felt a little more comfortable cranking it up. The other things I've messed with on e30 are: Increase the "airflow limit" under the airflow>turbocharger tab. Increased the LSPI reduction values under torque management>general, but only over 3k rpm(It was hitting a limit due to this). In the same area, considerably increased the combustion stability tables because it seems to constantly hit "combustion stability" limit when logging. I've been super busy at work so I haven't had time to mess with the tune or post. But hopefully soon.