Thread: Fiesta ST tuning

Potential Tuner

Fiesta ST tuning

I?m looking to tune a Fiesta ST. Any tips on boost control? And how much boost stock block can handle with intercooler upgrade.
    Thanks in advance

Do you have the stock tune by any chance?

There is one stock tune for an ST in the repository. Its very similar to my own 1.0 in layout.

I can't really answer your specific questions, but looking at the modeling data from the stock tune, the max stock boost you probably want to run is about 17 psi (2.2 pressure ratio) as a starting point and raise your torque limiters. That should allow up to about 22-25 lb/min of mass flow. Going higher doesn't seem like it would increase mass flow much, but it will just overspeed the compressor and run at a much lower efficiency. You can then increase your spark more and run E30.

Metroplex, would you advise changing the stoich to match the stoich value of e30? I did this in my G5 and it did work wonderfully when I was running e47 and then e85. Not sure is ecoboost does as well.

There was no Stoich setting for my Cobalt SS Turbo, so I just ran E30 and let the wideband O2 system figure it out. Seemed to run fine. The LTFT+STFT correction came out the same as if I had to adjust stoich.

I do the same on EcoBoost up to E47 and it runs fine although it gets to the point that I am close to getting the insufficient fuel error (even after massaging the fuel settings) when running more boost than stock. E30 almost always works out fine. If you want an extra margin of error (just in case the LTFT correction is way too much), just change the stoich so there the correction factor isn't as much.

Good to know. I recently measured my local fuel at 10% ethanol and my LTFT are -0.8%. If I decide I want to fool with mixing I'll keep your advice in mind. Thank you!
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Just FYI, the stock stoich 14.08 already accounts for E10.

Yessir. I noticed right away.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Tuner in Training
    Hello, sorry to thread jack, I have just gotten my Ford credits and I have the new V4 software. I tried to read the stock ecu file, shows the Vin and OS, but it's asking me to select a hardware type from a drop down menu. I looked at them all and none of them match any info on the sticker on my ecu. I can't pull the stock tune otherwise....... Help!

Did you come right with this? As far as I know HPTuners doesn't support the non-USDM Fiesta ST?
    07 Chev Lumina SS 6.0 L98
    i.e. Holden Commodore VE SS
    i.e. Pontiac G8 GT minus DOD

Tuner in Training
    Yes it is working as of now. Mine is a usdm Fiesta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffer View Post
    Did you come right with this? As far as I know HPTuners doesn't support the non-USDM Fiesta ST?
    The latest Beta actually supports non-USDM Fiesta ST. If you have one you want to tune, you should be able to read it and tune provided we've made a definition for it. If not, send the read file in and we'll get a definition added ASAP!
    If its not broke, just give it time.