Thread: questions on the new product

Tuner in Training

questions on the new product

I have had my first gen tool for 5 years and run 2.24 on one laptop and the newer software on all others I liked 2.24 but anyways I had a few questions

1. if I decide to purchase the gen 2 will both tools run side by side and hold the same exact credits

2.what will be the price ? as I see it different on other posts

3. I have no idea what an expansion hub and will i need one ? and if so why also my gen 1 is a pro

HPT has done awesome work over the years Im not a fan of the ticket deal but i understand it and im sure they work hard to get us this awesome sofware updates over the years and I understand bugs in software and have just dealt with it ,,, just looking for clarification and if you see this Keith I was Usc45cal , had to re register with a very much lighter attitude

Thanks
    Jim
    also another question for offsite about a flashing issue

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by benchtop View Post
    1. if I decide to purchase the gen 2 will both tools run side by side and hold the same exact credits
    Yes, however MPVI2 requires software version 4.0 or newer. Additionally your MPVI2 will have ITS credits and your MPVI1 will have ITS credits, they do not combine or intermingle.

2.what will be the price ? as I see it different on other posts
    $299+ shipping for the MPVI2

3. I have no idea what an expansion hub and will i need one ? and if so why also my gen 1 is a pro
    Expansion hub is where you would connect analog inputs ie 0-5v reference such as wideband, etc. So if you want to connect a wideband you would require the expansion hub and the pro software upgrade.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, however MPVI2 requires software version 4.0 or newer. Additionally your MPVI2 will have ITS credits and your MPVI1 will have ITS credits, they do not combine or intermingle.

$299+ shipping for the MPVI2

Expansion hub is where you would connect analog inputs ie 0-5v reference such as wideband, etc. So if you want to connect a wideband you would require the expansion hub and the pro software upgrade.
    I appreciate your time in answering these questions and clearing up what is true , maybe this will help some others
    Regards
    Jim

Advanced Tuner
    When can one expect the Pro version to be available for sale?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGS View Post
    When can one expect the Pro version to be available for sale?
    Several months away for the expander hub, pro feature set will likely run parallel with the expander hub development.

Potential Tuner
    off topic a bit, but the release date topic has been closed, do you have a lead time on shipping? say if I ordered one last week do you know how for out until it ships?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you ordered last week probably 3 weeks from the order date.

Potential Tuner
    All these post are really messing up my thinking lol. My question is should I upgrade now or not? I do not tune a lot and don’t plan on too many more vehicles. I have the MPVI pro. Owned it for about 2 years now and love it. But I am assuming if I want more credits they will not be available for this one soon.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Additionally your MPVI2 will have ITS credits and your MPVI1 will have ITS credits, they do not combine or intermingle.
    Is this going to be permanent? Will I always need two units between past vehicles and new?
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    Is this going to be permanent? Will I always need two units between past vehicles and new?
    No, once we offer an upgrade path you'll be able to combine your interfaces into 1 single MPVI2