Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: start and idle problem

Advanced Tuner
    Why cut startup flair control in half?

Tuner in Training
    I was trying to keep it from shutting off after the initial start. Didn't help...

Advanced Tuner
    what is your mod list?
    also do you have a factory file? - i have a factory 01 tahoe 5.3L if you need for reference - sometimes you need to just start over if things are all screwy
    Attachment 81762

under idle/rpm -
    is 750rpm a good idle rpm - maybe just make it 850 but i don't know your mods to say
    0 out stall savor for in gear and p/n
    under idle/airflow -
    put "general" to factory settings (file above) then change the units for iac park position airflow to g/s and add 2
    put base running back to factory and change units to g/s and add 3
    put adaptive idle airflow to factory
    maybe put idle timing to 22 degrees from .60 up to 1200rpm - thats where i put ls engines at
    Last edited by TCSS07; 07-16-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for the hiatus I was participating in Ravens Challenge at Camp Dawson. The mod list is small. I have a Trailblazer ss intake manifold with the factory trailblazer injectors, 90mm Chinese throttle body, Texas speed cam 216/220 .550 111LSA and 110 CL, pacesetter long tubes 1 7/8 to their 3" Y-pipe and set of Camaro heads decked .030 all in front of a NV3500

If I have it set at 800-850 It will idle and be stable enough to cruise around a parking lot. But it seems to be a little high to me. I have had bigger cams idle at 700. But if that is what it takes to finish this tune then its done.
    I will start from scratch again and hopefully get it right.

With that last tune it started doing something really weird. I would give it some gas and if the load went past a point it would cut fuel and run so lean it would cut almost cut out. I would have to turn the key off for a min and then start up the truck or just pop the clutch since it was on the highway and it would be ok until I hit that point again. If anyone has a clue as to what I did let me know. Im baffled.

Thank you all for the advice!