Thread: Controller Locker x36 error

Tuner in Training

Controller Locker x36 error

purchased a 02 z06 that is Procharged. right now it barely idles, isn't drivable, tune is not even close. tried reading the file, but looks like previous tuner locked the tune. is there a way to write the pcm still with a new tune? or am I just at a point of replacing the pcm completely?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    replace only.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    replace only.
    ordered. thanks

Tuner in Training
    I know this si an old thread but maybe i can get some help here. I have a customers 2010 Silverado I was tuning on with a stalling issue and as to our inspection we found the ECM connectors were loose and once we zip tied them into place it ran good. Changed the ECM connectors and started my tuning until it goes into "reduced power mode" with a P060 code for "ECM processor" code. Purchase a new ECM and have it flashed and now when I read it I get this "controller unlocker: x36 exceeded number of attempts" code on a new ECM with a new GM flash. Nobody has been in it other then the shop that did the GM flash from blank. I can't believe it's locked so what else can it be?

Potential Tuner

X36 locked out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSNP View Post
    I know this si an old thread but maybe i can get some help here. I have a customers 2010 Silverado I was tuning on with a stalling issue and as to our inspection we found the ECM connectors were loose and once we zip tied them into place it ran good. Changed the ECM connectors and started my tuning until it goes into "reduced power mode" with a P060 code for "ECM processor" code. Purchase a new ECM and have it flashed and now when I read it I get this "controller unlocker: x36 exceeded number of attempts" code on a new ECM with a new GM flash. Nobody has been in it other then the shop that did the GM flash from blank. I can't believe it's locked so what else can it be?
    I am having the same issue. Only its not a new vehicle. Its been licensed and tuned several times. I left the vehicle for a few days and now its saying x36 and its locked out. I have not done anything different nor has anyone touched or tuned it other than me with the same MPVI2. Very frustrating. I opened a ticket but its Sunday and the only day I have to get the truck running. So I guess I'll wait for a response.

Tuner in Training
    @hemphill. Following. I posted earlier today about a similar issue.

Hmmm this seems strange. I am curious to see what the resolution might be.

yeah so what was the outcome?

Tuner in Training
    Outcome was nothing. I purchased a new PCM.