Thread: Logging WB error, it's all over the place?

Logging WB error, it's all over the place?

I'm guessing I'm missing a filter or something? I have maf disabled, closed loop disabled, cot, dfco, anything that could screw with fueling. I have my wideband reading almost perfect with what I'm logging. Only filters I have are for decel and commanded fuel less than 14.5 to block PE (put in the correct way of course). I feel like I'm chasing my tail, log and copy and paste and everything is way lean, then log and copy and paste and everything's rich. Please help! Thank you

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i had an electrical issue once where my regulator in the alternator was on the edge of taking a shit and it made my wideband dance all over the damn place.
    i did a quick test by stabilizing injector control under varying voltage. By setting the entire injector voltage offset table from 11.5V to max voltage to 1.0 (no modification) you take the injector voltage change control out of the equation which reduces their fluctuation to help stabilize afr.
    its not recommended to deviate from mfg injector settings or settings verified via flow test, but this helped verify my wandering voltage reading at the alternator terminal.

this helped me set my wideband up more accurately to. dont know if its whats going on but electrical can sure make things swing really hard.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 07-09-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

jakes cam base maf and closed loop disable.hpt

Here is a copy of my tune btw to see if I missed anything. Thank you for that suggestion, and I will look into it! Now would that effect me logging while way rich, copying and pasting the data into VE table, and then next time I log everything is way lean? And then I copy and paste that data and its way rich again!! Like the data I'm logging is exaggerated or something. I triple checked the equations in maths parameters and they are spot on. You know, it seems like when I hold a cell it is just climbing and climbing (or dropping and dropping in the negative).

innovate afr error logging.Layout.xml Here is the logging setup I am using also

Can someone please help? Is it possible my maf is still effecting data? I disabled it as you can see in my tune but couldn't unplug it because it is a 5 wire

Tuner in Training
    What wide band are you using and how is it connected? I've learnt recently that some wide bands have an output incompatible with the analog input on the logger. If the data on the logger is jumping around massively even when the engine is not running it could be this issue. From what I've seen your wide band reading (AFR) with the ECU on but the engine off should be varying a tiny amount (you can turn the ignition on to the second position and then start logging)

The wideband is an LC2. Now when I'm saying it's varying a lot, it's more like it's over compensating. Like I started out pretty rich, I logged, and then copy and pasted and everything was really lean. So I logged again, copy and pasted, and everything was really rich again. I don't know if I'm missing a filter in the histogram or something... What filters do you use for wideband tuning VE? This is the first time I've tried tuning with AFR error and feel like I may be missing something stupid. Thanks for the response btw!

Just a random thought here but fuel trims are completely off too right and you have reset them with the scanner at least once to make double sure they are not changing anything.

Anytime I do VE tuning I only copy paste special by half % to not make such huge changes. Then I hand smooth the table and use the smooth functions. Then I go out and take another data log of 15-20 minutes.

I've only dealt with AEM widebands, so no real comment on the LC2.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just a random thought here but fuel trims are completely off too right and you have reset them with the scanner at least once to make double sure they are not changing anything.

Anytime I do VE tuning I only copy paste special by half % to not make such huge changes. Then I hand smooth the table and use the smooth functions. Then I go out and take another data log of 15-20 minutes.

I've only dealt with AEM widebands, so no real comment on the LC2.
    Yes sir, I am pretty confident I have disabled any chance of them turning on but I have my tune on here if you'd like to double check. May I also ask what filters you are using? And do you always unplug the MAF? I am sure I disabled the MAF in the tune as well but maybe it's still doing something for some reason? Can't unplug it because it's a 5 wire. Thank you for your input on the "paste % half" also, will give it a try

I really don't use filters that often because you can disable DFCO/COT and raise the PE settings high enough to where I know I won't hit them for light/medium throttle logging.

You can't unplug the 5 wire MAF like you said, it has the IAT. I log the MAF sensor status and make sure it says failed in my logs as well as removing everything MAF related in my logs to prevent any skewed data.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I really don't use filters that often because you can disable DFCO/COT and raise the PE settings high enough to where I know I won't hit them for light/medium throttle logging.

You can't unplug the 5 wire MAF like you said, it has the IAT. I log the MAF sensor status and make sure it says failed in my logs as well as removing everything MAF related in my logs to prevent any skewed data.
    Ahh, I didn't know you could log sensor status. And, using your method of logging, how close do you get your AFR's? Thanks for getting back so quick! It's my brother's truck, and he is bugging me, but don't want to give it back to him 'til it's at least close to perfect

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Injector settings are never perfect. There was a way of tuning through megasquirt that verified the system injector status using ve fueling shifts and reported errors on the wideband. You made adjustments to the injector settings gs based on the reported error until you could make a 10% fuel change in the vent and receive a 10% error on the wideband as a result.
    This is why you don't paste by full percent. In fact I have had them dance so hard that I made Excel files that allowed me to alter the correction percentage so I could make changes by quarter of percent or less.

It could be something to look into if all other options come to a dead end. Sorry I can't look at your files. I haven't been around a computer capable of reading them.