Thread: cant open tunes from repository

Potential Tuner

cant open tunes from repository

since the new repository has opened I can down load tunes but cant open them. Says I have to update to newer software?

Yeah, you need 4.0+ to read the new files.

You can download that on the main website.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    well that figures. just bought hp tuners in January after years of debating to spend time/money to learn it. I'm just now getting comfortable using it & making good progress tuning vehicles & they do a big update. guess I'm gonna have to buy a new laptop to put the updated version on.

3.6 and 4.0 are super similar.

4.0 just add more table and changes up some locations. I don't think switching to 4.0 would throw you that far off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

new version does absolutely nothing for me and my Gen4 or previous stuff, like my own 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3.... My HPTuners 3.6.26 version works perfectly fine for me/clients... I HATE when they do this shit, save all tune files so they only work with, can only open with latest beta version software, when it's buggy as shit... it's fricken rediculous.... the 4.xxxxx software is buggy as hell.. not worth changing to it at this point, as you can see/read on the forums as well as on several facebook pages...
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 07-12-2018 at 12:42 AM.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune