Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3bar SD setup, no start, what am I missing?

Advanced Tuner
    you are using pump gas right?

yep 91-92

Tuner in Training
    Ok, if you dont mind changing to a repository tune and abandoning your tune I would go search and download 2000 Silverado 2500 LD Its a Denmah Sloppy Mechanics tune that I started with. I have a 5.3 with LS9 cam and 80lb injectors and it was what I used. I dont have my tune file here at work but I wanted to give you what I would try. If it starts but you have to give it gas to keep it running, add to the IDLE Airflow table until it will idle.

I did this and at 8psi I made a little over 500 RWHP - Ran a 6.44 @ 108 in the 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Storie View Post
    Ok, if you dont mind changing to a repository tune and abandoning your tune I would go search and download 2000 Silverado 2500 LD Its a Denmah Sloppy Mechanics tune that I started with. I have a 5.3 with LS9 cam and 80lb injectors and it was what I used. I dont have my tune file here at work but I wanted to give you what I would try. If it starts but you have to give it gas to keep it running, add to the IDLE Airflow table until it will idle.

I did this and at 8psi I made a little over 500 RWHP - Ran a 6.44 @ 108 in the 1/8th
    ive tried that tune , it does the same thing mine does. but thank you , the only time it will even try to run is with cranked up main ve table, giving throttle to try and make run does nothing ,doesnt even try to run

Advanced Tuner
    quick observation between the file that starts with massive VE table values and the file that wont start.

injector flow rates 13% variation alone
    min inj PW
    default inj PW
    offset vs. volts vs. vacuum 30% to well over 100% difference alone
    short pulse adder

without correct inj data to begin with nothing you do will likely work or make sense. these values are crucial for inj control

my current tune has all the correct injector data, if i copy and paste the massive Ve table to my current tune it will start and idle but then Im back to it not wanting to tune or have any drive ability , that is why im wondering if it maybe the idle control that i have to be adjusting or something like that

Tuner in Training
    i guess the real question here which no one has asked yet, what is the fuel pressure? that alone will help you get your fueling data in line.

Also if possible why not put stock injectors in there for start up with a stock map and see how it runs(DO NOT DRIVE IT, BUT AT LEAST GET THE CAR RUNNING), once you get all the bugs worked out you can then start messing with the larger injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    ok I understand that's your view point. consider this. every other data value aside with the same injector and fuel pump the PW alone commanded in milliseconds directly relates to how much fuel the injector is delivering.

referring to your log in your first thread labelled afr-ve 4 (2) showing the car starting and idling your PW on cranking is 2.8Ms cranking up to a idle PW of 5.7Ms on bank one.

your failed start log shows cranking PW from 3.7Ms to 9.6Ms. failed start VE table has smaller VE values with same cranking VE and cranking FA but asking for a bigger PW. to me that shows wrong injector data.

injector data and VE values are part of air mass calculations referenced for spark, limiters, torque management and airflow. the afr-ve-4 log shows idle airmass with 62KPA MAP at 860RPM of 0.72g. cruise is maxed resolution all 1.20g and beyond and coast down is in the 0.28g-0.36g area. that's wrong and means the air mass calculations by the PCM are miles out which is likely from VE values being huge likely from bad injector data. to prove that look at cylinder airmass on both logs with key on engine off and MAP reading either 94 or 97.6KPA. one is 0.56g the other 1.04g

I think your injector data is one of the main issues here and I would suggest maxing the P0121, P0068, P1514, and MAF air max tables under diagnostics airflow

Quote Originally Posted by someblackguy224 View Post
    i guess the real question here which no one has asked yet, what is the fuel pressure? that alone will help you get your fueling data in line.

Also if possible why not put stock injectors in there for start up with a stock map and see how it runs(DO NOT DRIVE IT, BUT AT LEAST GET THE CAR RUNNING), once you get all the bugs worked out you can then start messing with the larger injectors.
    fuel pressure is at 58, and this motor since i got it has not had efi , it was on a 1250cfm blowthru carb before

Advanced Tuner
    to clarify you have a 4L60E and cable throttle right?
    your fuel system has boost reference fuel reg with a hose going back to tank as return?

if so humour me by completing a write entire of the attached file and log start up and idle if it does so.

its your stock S10base file modified so it can flash straight in

S10stock.hptS10_3BarBase_idleTPS edit.hpt

attached are what you've provided as file direct from ECU and a 3 bar custom OS map. obviously needing a write entire
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lukearmstrong1990; 07-12-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Yes i have the 4l60 and cable tb, and it is a return boost ref reg going back to the tank.
    ok i will try that tonight when i get home. thank you for the help Luke

Advanced Tuner
    log it and post log.

if it doesn't start try pushing throttle while cranking and log that too.

if it does then take an idle log with static acceleration.

Ok Luke here are the logs you asked for, i loaded the tune ( write entire) still no idle it fires for a split sec and dies.
    Last edited by Spoolnsquirrels; 07-12-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Couple of questions, in the tune you sent i noticed that it was set for a 5.3 and matching cly volume, doesnt that effect the tune on how much fuel it feeds?

also just so you know my WB is wired through the egr circuit and it was in the disabled mode. would that also effect the running? I'm just asking cause i'm not sure.

Advanced Tuner
    S10 MAP edit.hpt

my map sensor scaling was wrong. try that.

I have found personally changing that caused me more headaches than gains on the 1 I tried it on

you can trial EGR on or off up to you

ok here are the logs: same result

Advanced Tuner
    make your VE table as large as you need to to make it run and take an idle log

I only brought the Ve high enough to get it to run also did a log pressing the throttle but no reaction, i did notice that when the WB kicked in and was reading it tried to die

Advanced Tuner
    attach the file that started