Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3bar SD setup, no start, what am I missing?

3bar SD setup, no start, what am I missing?

3bar SD setup, no start, what am I missing?

I started over with my stock ecm tune on my ecm, converted it to 3 bar sd os , then did a write entire to the ecm, i then changed things like turning off the MAf, turned off LTFT and STFT cause i have the scanner setup for AFR error scanning with the wideband. and I set my fuel pressure reg ( aeromotive boost ref reg) to 58lbs, and the did the calculations for the Injector data as well as called a few that have the same injectors just to make sure i set the data up right.

I did a write calibration to ecm, turned scanner on reset LT fuel trim, all i get is the engine starts then dies no idle. i tried to start it multiple time all with the same result. What am I missing in the software ?

Setup as follows:
    6.0 forged bottom end , dish pistons 7:1 comp
    6.2 stock truck heads
    78/75 turbo
    80lb deka injectors
    twin 340l intank fuel pumps
    2010 zr1 cam 211/230 @ .050 valve lift and .558/.552 lift
    LS2 cam sensor in timing cover
    Ict billet intake w/102 mm Tb
    napa crb219481 3 bar map sensor ( gm 12223861 alt replacement)
    wastegate w/14lb spring
    Attached Files Attached Files

Since it wont run after start, do i need to adjust the iac info due to the larger TB?

You need some pro help on a setup like that

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    did you do a write entire after disabling the VATS?

if you press throttle while cranking does it help?

vats is disabled, that was the first thing i did. and then did a write entire

nothing/ or no change if i touch the throttle , tried that multiple times in different posisions

Write entire isn’t needed after gen 3 vats disable (unlike gen 4) but write entire is needed for OS SD change...

I would look at populating the new VE table with correct data along with correct injector data and map sensor data... then you’ll be able to start tuning

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    is your "stock" file the stock00burb file?

no its not the burb file , this is a whole new ecm that i unlocked and had the original stuck tune , then changed OS and did a write entire for the 3bar SD os, then went threw file and turned off the MAF, entered the injector data for the 80# deka injectors, for the ve i did a base adjustment for the 2 and 3 bar section of the VE but left the 1 bar section stock.

I also turned off the ltft and stft

Advanced Tuner
    post the stock file u used

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Write entire isn’t needed after gen 3 vats disable (unlike gen 4) but write entire is needed for OS SD change...

I would look at populating the new VE table with correct data along with correct injector data and map sensor data... then you’ll be able to start tuning
    what I am trying to do is set up the tune without having to crank the main Ve table up, the only time I have been able to get it to run is if the the table is set to over 3x the orig stock table , when i do that it just doesnt tune correctly off the afr error hystgram, and i have issues with the injectors freaking out or going into a fuel cut stutter

stock file, only changes were vats disable and fan control

Advanced Tuner
    a PW of 9ms on an 80#injector is an awful lot of fuel to be pooring in trying to start.

your VE values given you have aftermarket camshaft are quite large for idle/start up region.

Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    a PW of 9ms on an 80#injector is an awful lot of fuel to be pooring in trying to start.

your VE values given you have aftermarket camshaft are quite large for idle/start up region.
    My cam is a stock LS9 cam, so what you are saying is that i am over fueling and it flooding for start?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Since your starting over do yourself a huge favor and replace that wastegate spring with a 5 lber. Your gonna send that engine flying into uncharted fueling and possibly toast it. Work your way back up to that spring then tune higher as needed using a controller.

dont have a 5 but i do have a 7, ill swap that out only takes a min to do, iv'e had this motor get over 40 back when it was carb'd so im not too worried about over boosting, i plan on hooking the boost leash back up after I get the base tune set

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    its not that it cant take the pressure its that the ecu isnt going to supply the correct fuel up at that pressure right off the bat.
    the technique is to tune at low pressure and settle the fuel. as you raise pressure you can plot a fuel curve per psi and predict higher ranges of pressure more accurately so you dont have major fueling issues.

a lot of us spend major money on parts, i just thought i would throw that option out to prevent you from dropping any cylinders and wasting money.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    its not that it cant take the pressure its that the ecu isnt going to supply the correct fuel up at that pressure right off the bat.
    the technique is to tune at low pressure and settle the fuel. as you raise pressure you can plot a fuel curve per psi and predict higher ranges of pressure more accurately so you dont have major fueling issues.

a lot of us spend major money on parts, i just thought i would throw that option out to prevent you from dropping any cylinders and wasting money.
    I would love to be able to start tuning it , but I cant figure out why it wont start and idle, it just fires and dies. the only way i can get it to idle is if i crank to the ve table up. so the tune i have right now is the s10base-3barmod which it starts but dies right away wont stay running. if I load the briantune 2.1 it will start and idle but has no throttle response cause the VE is so high but it idles perfectly. Ive tuned before but never had one not stay running.

Advanced Tuner
    you've posted 2 very different "stock" tunes for your car.

what exact car is it so you can reference the correct factory OS for your vehicle as they all vary and starting with the wrong one can cause issues as the background algorythms and factory populated tables can vary greatly

youre also 100% sure your injectors are 80#? theyre not drilled 80# or 42# or something stupid?

I think something very basic is being overlooked causing your multitude of issues.

the s10base is the current tune that does not run after start current ecm

the briantune-2.1 has the ve table that starts and idles , i only posted this this tune to show how much the Ve is increased to get it to idle but it does not drive without issues. and it wont tune

My injectors were bought new and i have a friend that rebuilds injectors flow test them to make sure , they matched within 1%

im thinking cause of the 102mm Tb and my 7:1 low comp on the motor is what is the issue and I cant figure out what setting to make adjustments to compensate for it