Thread: C7 Z06 Low dyno numbers for mods

Advanced Tuner

C7 Z06 Low dyno numbers for mods

Playing with this 19 C7 Z06. It dyno'd 524/576 stock. Added the AFE CAI and Borla X and it ran 10:77@132 at the track which I thought was very good for the summer. I then upgraded to the IW 18% overdrive crank. The car only dyno'd 592/699. Torque is great but HP seems to be on the low side. The curve kind of goes flat after 5500 rpm.

I could use a second set of eyes to see if something is being left in the tune. FWIW-the wideband is after the factory cat. That was only place I could install it cleanly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    look at your cam timing during the run
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    Have you had the intercooler vacuum bled?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    have a log of a pull with 18% OD pulley?

have the stock file also to compare?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    look at your cam timing during the run
    Hi Sultan, it's in the log. On the last run I reduced it from 9 to 7 and it made no difference.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Have you had the intercooler vacuum bled?
    Hi Alvin, no. I have the Cordes Tank in there. If you open the reservoir the coolant is pumping away. if you look at the log the when you fire it up the manifold air temp is hi but drops 20 degrees before the run is made. it's hard to keep it cool on the dyno. On the street it works pretty good.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    have a log of a pull with 18% OD pulley?

have the stock file also to compare?
    The log is posted in the original post. I will post the stock tune.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Advanced Tuner
    sorry I was confused by log tittle being corvette Z06 Standard and only showing 7 psi on chart.

I just looked at the table and saw 13 +PSI

I wonder if its reaching the compressor speed to ask the BOV to open after 5000rpm (483-590g/s Mass airflow) allowing bypass.
    looks like you're just over wastegate open pressure over 5000rpm also which according to descriptions forces open loop boost control which I cant see a duty cycle table for you're also logging 188+ absolute MAP which I'm assuming is pressure ratio 1.88. the 520g/s mass airflow colum for pressure ration limit is 1.88 which you're exceeding over 5000rpm and boost seems to flat line from there. wonder if bypass is opening
    Last edited by lukearmstrong1990; 07-12-2018 at 12:19 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    sorry I was confused by log tittle being corvette Z06 Standard and only showing 7 psi on chart.

I just looked at the table and saw 13 +PSI

I wonder if its reaching the compressor speed to ask the BOV to open after 5000rpm (483-590g/s Mass airflow) allowing bypass.
    looks like you're just over wastegate open pressure over 5000rpm also which according to descriptions forces open loop boost control which I cant see a duty cycle table for you're also logging 188+ absolute MAP which I'm assuming is pressure ratio 1.88. the 520g/s mass airflow colum for pressure ration limit is 1.88 which you're exceeding over 5000rpm and boost seems to flat line from there. wonder if bypass is opening
    Is this under airflow-torque management-turbocharger?
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Advanced Tuner
    under ENGINE>AIRFLOW>TURBOCHARGER

pressure ration max vs. mass airflow

wastegate open boost

compressor map>speed.

logging bypass valve position or bypass solenoid DC may prove or disprove that's a factor.

bypass valve opening would certainly explain the flat line torque and lower power. its got enough restriction to its flow to maintain "pressure" but flow will be reduced into the cylinders thus reducing volume.

Advanced Tuner
    under ENGINE>AIRFLOW>TURBOCHARGER

pressure ration max vs. mass airflow

wastegate open boost

compressor map>speed.

logging bypass valve position or bypass solenoid DC may prove or disprove that's a factor.

bypass valve opening would certainly explain the flat line torque and lower power. its got enough restriction to its flow to maintain "pressure" but flow will be reduced into the cylinders thus reducing volume.
    Thank you sir I will up those by 25% and see what happens. Confused why its under the turbocharged tab though?
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Advanced Tuner
    probably labelled like that by software engineers that turned it from hex into what you and I see, I would only assume.

I couldn't find a master enable/disable switch suggesting those tables aren't referenced. nor could I find an open loop DC table. im thinking that by reaching the limit and entering open loop they mean reaching a boost limit and opening the bypass valve

Quote Originally Posted by vortech View Post
    Thank you sir I will up those by 25% and see what happens. Confused why its under the turbocharged tab though?
    any upd8 on this?

thanks for the information every1
    2016 GenV 2SS twin turbo @20psi

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vortech View Post

What is the result ? and the final Power of this car with this mods ?

In for updates