Thread: Wideband on scanner acting weird

Wideband on scanner acting weird

I just reinstalled the wideband from my firebird back to my 98 z28 Camaro, and the install went smooth and all seemed fine. The gauge reads around where it was when removed from the Camaro originally, but now the problem is, in the scanner the wideband reads mid to high 9's. The gauge is reading around 13-14 like it was before, but the scanner is reading way off. The only time the scanner really moves is when the car goes into decel, or when engine is off and the afr goes all the way lean on the gauge. Any other time the scanner only reads in the high 9 range. I made some changes to the scanner, but not sure what all it changed since I just reverted to an older layout I had made, but changing back to what I had doesn't seem to do anything. I checked all my connections in the car and everything is tight and orderly. I run my wideband through my egr, and haven't had a problem like this before. Any help is greatly appreciated.

wot tuning.hpl
    Bens 98z28 adjusted maf with drag setup.hpt

Sounds like your voltage range for the input is off like it should be 0-5v and its 1.4- 7. double check that, i just did my setup last week . and ran into a similar problem. also check the math equation it might be missing a character or number, should look something like this for a 0-5v: ([2811.10]/.5)+10

my equation is exactly like yours with the exception that mine is +9.735. so since I am using the /.5 in my equation that means that my voltage range is also correct doesn't it?

yes it does. what wide band are you using?

aem uego.

2 things to try, try a sensor calibration, and try setting you value from 9.735 to 10 and see how far of it is and then work down the voltage till it matches

How do I go about doing a sensor calibration? Also, why would the gauge read like always but the scanner be off?

ok, so I just got another chance to mess with the car, and I took apart all the connections and redid them. The connection to the egr wire was the culprit I believe. I redid it, and now the wideband is reading on the scanner and is accurate with the gauge in the dash. it seems like its a better connection now and hopefully it stays connected this time. I had just changed plug wires, and I am wondering if I hit the connection while working on them. Thanks for the help I got.