Thread: Serial wideband datalogging question

Tuner in Training

Serial wideband datalogging question

Ok here i go. I have been doing a lot of reading, but i'm a bit confused about serial wideband datalogging. Please correct me if i'm wrong or if i'm missing something.
    I'm using mpvi 2 and i am doing a permanent installation of the wb. On a gen 3 5.3.
    So the way i think i understand it is i install the wideband.
    Configure the analog channel to feed the ecm narrowband signal
    And of course i'll have my gauge displaying afr.
    I do nothing with the other analog wire that would normally feed wb signal to the ecm if used in standalone configuration.
    This is were i'm confused.
    The way im understanding it is that i can have the wb wired as above connect hpt scanner and connect the wideband to the PC via the provided cable and software and somehow hpt will be able so see my wideband trough a com channel on my pc and i'll be able to datalog. I know about the settings and formulas and virgin sacrifices that need to be performed to get it going.
    I know there's more to it. I just want to make sure that i'm understanding it right.
    I am aware of the egr and ac pressure switch option too.
    Am i on the right track or am i totally off?

Tuner in Training
    Well, i'll answer my own question. Yes that is how it works, except for the virgin sacrifices and complicated formulas. Just plugged it in and hpt reads my wideband from the computer.

This forum seems pretty ded. Makes me miss my megasquirt days.