Thread: Wont enter closed loop?

Arrow Wont enter closed loop?

hey guys, so im working on a 98 trans am and for whatever I cannot get it to go into closed loop unless I manually do it in the scanner. Ive checked all the boxes I know of and don't see anything out of line from it entering closed loop. I do see that the passenger side oxygen sensor on shows 20-35mv the entire time. The sensor is a brand new delco unit though that was replaced yesterday... would this cause the issue? Super weird. If any one can review the tune and scan, I would greatly appreciate it! im not seeing any fuel trims on short terms or long terms and from what I can see the car is still running blended VE/MAF confinguration. Whats weird is in my VE/MAF graphs, they are all zero? Heres a run down of the car.

98 trans am
    SBE 5.7
    MS3 cam
    Trick flow heads
    Fast intake/throttle body
    ram air filter setup
    255 in tank pump
    green top 42lb injectors
    longtubes, 3" y pipe, borla catback
    4l60e
    Yank 4400 convertor
    10 bolt 3.42s
    Attached Files Attached Files

A dead o2 sensor won't allow for closed loop if the closed loop enable settings are like factory and the fuel trims are enabled within the tune.

If the sensor is new, look into wiring. It came to life like once in that log for a split second and went dead again. You can also log the fuel system status and should say like OL Fault if there is an issue.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    both oxygen sensors arent reading correct b1s1 is reading at 450mv as if its not plugged in and the b2s1 is pegged low voltage - because the o2's aren't reading right that's the reason you will not enter closed loop - if you logged fuel system status it would probably say open loop fault
    i don't see anything that would stop you from entering closed loop tune wise

Attachment 81708
    Attachment 81709
    Last edited by TCSS07; 07-14-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    A dead o2 sensor won't allow for closed loop if the closed loop enable settings are like factory and the fuel trims are enabled within the tune.
    Thats what happen in my situation. The 02 sensor was dead and it wouldnt allow closed loop.

Thanks for the info guys! I looked at the settings 100 times but just wanted to make sure. Ill have him throw in 2 new sensors (even though 1 is brand new) and see what happens! keep you all updated when I figure it out

Just a thought, but could the o2 sensors be plugged into the rear o2 sensor wiring harness instead of the fronts? I only ask because with the long tubes it moves them back to nearly that position.

Hey guys just an update. we installed to brand new sensors an realized a ground was cut on the old sensors causing the issue. Only issue now is that when it goes into closed loop it runs like a bag of shit. Idle is like 1400 no matter what is changed. fuel trims are all in 3% on maf and VE. I noticed after popping off the intake boot there is a bigass hole drilled in the throttle body ( I assume to make it idle). im going to try and cover it to see what it does or throw on another TB without the hole to trouble shoot.