Thread: how to completly disable torque management on 6L90

Tuner in Training

how to completly disable torque management on 6L90

hey guys i see lots of topics on removing say... 25% torque management to get a performance upgrade while still keeping some reliability.... no one seems to be doing 100% removal and i can understand why.

the reason im asking is because we just swapped a 5 speed manual tranny in a 2011 sierra 2500 truck that originally had a 6l90. truck has no power now, it still has all the 6l90 stock torque management settings in the tune. im thinking getting rid if this will wake the truck up a lot? any thoughts or tips much appreciated!!

Post the tune file.

I don't know what is left to change without it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    danny b tune 1, tq mgmt, cags, manual tranny, speedo, dtc's.hpt

Heres what we have so far. truck is running better now since we uploaded that tune a few hours ago. he said it still wont rev past 4000 rpm though? we were also playing around with hp tuners speedo setup trying to get something to work but no luck...

i think if we could get a bit more power out of the tune and get more throttle response out of that stupid electronic pedal he would be a lot happier.

Tuner in Training
    Bump... ecu has no speedo reading... would that be the reason whyit wont rev past 4000 rpm?

Your park and neutral settings for RPM limit are still 4,000rpm. It's possible it still thinks it's in P/N.

Doesn't look like you ever did a read on the factory TCM either so some transmission tables might be on still but you can't see them. You'd need the 6L90e transmission back in the vehicle to read it because it's inside it.

Finding and using a factory manual file would be ideal but from everything I know they never sold that truck with a gas engine and manual transmission in the united states. Maybe in another country they did but I have no idea. It just seems like everything you do will be some sort of uphill battle with that computer E78. The E78 is a torque based controller unlike the E38 used in the previous years, it takes some different known how to work with and understand how things work. I'm sure having no vehicle speed is another issue as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    These issues have been well discussed on the forum previously.

L92 with manual trans (won’t rev past 4000 RPM)

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-past-4000-RPM

Speedo reading 158 MPH in scanner

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...158mph-at-idle

E38 speedometer output

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...edometer-ouput

You will be able to overcome the 4000 RPM limit - it is a torque limit in the ECM, as it was originally programmed for use with an automatic transmission.

You should also be able to get the speedometer working, however it will likely not work correctly with the HPT scanner.

Tuner in Training
    so if we plug the valve body back in to the wireharness and read the file again we should see other tables that arent visible now?

Tuner in Training
    update.. truck is running pretty good now. atleast as good as stock i am told. just wondering if there is much performance to be gained through the PE settings and stuff if trucks only gonna be ran on 87 octane? or is there not much power to be gained

Quote Originally Posted by cirose View Post
    update.. truck is running pretty good now. atleast as good as stock i am told. just wondering if there is much performance to be gained through the PE settings and stuff if trucks only gonna be ran on 87 octane? or is there not much power to be gained
    they always gain with enabling PE alone.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by La RPM View Post
    they always gain with enabling PE alone.
    Any recommendations?

Advanced Tuner
    I put PE enable at 50kpa, removed all of the rpm delay, and put Enable TPS to 32%. Remember the tps and what you are doing with the accel pedal (drive by wire) are different. My PE is really coming in more like 50% (on the scanner as tps AND accel position). I think the 50% in the cal is really just mid-point between idle (20%) and wot (88%).
    You can also increase your PE enrich rate to make it come in sooner.
    2014 6.2L

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NotSure View Post
    I put PE enable at 50kpa, removed all of the rpm delay, and put Enable TPS to 32%. Remember the tps and what you are doing with the accel pedal (drive by wire) are different. My PE is really coming in more like 50% (on the scanner as tps AND accel position). I think the 50% in the cal is really just mid-point between idle (20%) and wot (88%).
    You can also increase your PE enrich rate to make it come in sooner.
    2014 6.2L

Thanks for the tip

Potential Tuner
    Unleash the overall capability of your 6L90 through completely disabling torque control. Our manual offers step-by means of-step instructions, empowering you to optimize overall performance. Elevate your automobile's talents with this modification. Check out our project management report assignment for more in-depth insights on assignment management. Enhance each your experience and mission management competencies today!

Quote Originally Posted by johnrock123 View Post
    Elevate your automobile's talents with this modification.
    This is how AI will bring about the end of human civilization - not by turning us all into paperclips, but by drowning all our accumulated knowledge in incomprehensible bullshit word salad.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    This is how AI will bring about the end of human civilization - not by turning us all into paperclips, but by drowning all our accumulated knowledge in incomprehensible bullshit word salad.
    Pretty sure he meant to say 'your clothes...give them to me now'.