Thread: Catalytic converter monitoring

Tuner in Training b2319dragracer's Avatar

Catalytic converter monitoring

Trying to turn off or disable my catalytic converter monitoring ( drive cycles ). 2012 Camaro 3.6L E39 ECM. Or can someone tell me how far I need to drive to clear the cycle. I do not drive this car much and trying to keep the mileage down on the odometer. Thanks for any and all help. If I could turn off all the drive cycle monitoring would be great.

Could be up to 100 miles in some cases, not sure if there is a set number known for every test the computer does unless you worked for GM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    heres the info on p0420/p0430 also explains how to get the test to run
    Attachment 81732
    ive done a couple LLT engines catless and i never had any luck getting the cat test to pass because the ecm is different with how to disable dtc's

I'm sure the 3.6 and the newer engines are different, but I had the impression many 2008 and earlier GM cars used to do a more thorough cat test after filling the tank with fuel at least 3/4 full.

Shortly after filling up I would watch the fuel trims go -15 or -20 for a minute, giving me the idea the ecm is dumping more fuel to test the efficiency of the cat.

Advanced Tuner
    Possible but hot soak can cause that and some and newer ecms have a injector tip modifier which also adds fuel but not available on that ecm I dont think