Thread: 1.4 cruze dies out under ac and fan load

Tuner in Training

1.4 cruze dies out under ac and fan load

My friend installed light weight fly wheel. Now when the ac is on and fan is on high the car will die out when engine is allowed to rev down from above 1500 rpms. So when driving and you push in clutch to come to stop it dies out. The engine slows down to fast to save its self and dies out. It wont do it if you have fan on med or low. Also wont do it the first few min of running. The rpms drop much slower the first 2 minutes of starting the engine even when warm. Raising the idle rpms dont do much unless you set idle to 1500. Anyone point me to the right maps to adjust or tips.

Advanced Tuner
    What do you mean by "light" flywheel? I just have a flex plate to engage starter.

Advanced Tuner
    It's probably a lightened flywheel from Spec. You will likely need to adjust the throttle values under Engine -> Idle -> RPM and Engine -> Idle -> Torque. Does it only happen with the AC on?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned