Thread: 2018 gt FLEX FUEL

Tuner in Training

2018 gt FLEX FUEL

orignally i had heard that the 2018 gt ecu would not infer a stoich richer that 11.0 afr roughly with flex fuel. has this been addressed yet, or are we limited to straight e85 only tunes still?

thanks

Yes it will

Tuner in Training
    yeah flex works on the 18 no problem.

Advanced Tuner
    I have had some issues setting up the Flex Fuel on my 2018 A10. There are a lot more tables that I have never seen before. And I setup the Flex Fuel how I found worked flawless on the 15-17 with no luck of getting it to function properly. I have made changes to be more specific with the ethanol table to focus on telling the ecu which stoich to target based on ethanol percentage, a tactic that did not work well with the 15-17. It appears to be working better, but not 100% sure yet.

Kris

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    I have had some issues setting up the Flex Fuel on my 2018 A10. There are a lot more tables that I have never seen before. And I setup the Flex Fuel how I found worked flawless on the 15-17 with no luck of getting it to function properly. I have made changes to be more specific with the ethanol table to focus on telling the ecu which stoich to target based on ethanol percentage, a tactic that did not work well with the 15-17. It appears to be working better, but not 100% sure yet.

Kris
    make sure every flex fuel, FFV, and ethanol table is populated correctly. Some of them have values that need to be corrected

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    make sure every flex fuel, FFV, and ethanol table is populated correctly. Some of them have values that need to be corrected
    Yep, already went through every table in the calibration marked with Flex Fuel or FFV. It seems to be working right now, but I had to setup the Ethanol % vs AFR table to be exact on stoich vs ethanol percentage.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    Yep, already went through every table in the calibration marked with Flex Fuel or FFV. It seems to be working right now, but I had to setup the Ethanol % vs AFR table to be exact on stoich vs ethanol percentage.
    Trying to set this table on mine not sure if this is correct what do you think
    Attached Images Attached Images