Thread: AC blows out fog after efan swap

Tuner

AC blows out fog after efan swap

I have a 2000 Tahoe that I did an efan swap on. I am having issues with the ac blowing out realy cold foggy air after a while. My guess is that my ac compressor is no longer cycling due to the swap. I am thinking about how to go about this. My big question is why is this happening and if I can just do an os swap and fix this or do I have to rewire the ac recirculation wire up? I would also like to have the functions of the fan turning off at speed. Fans work fine as programmed for temp. Just having issues with the ac.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Well Found out my ac compressor was not cycling. It was basically running all the time. On the earlier truck pcms they must not like to work the electric fans unless you disable the ac all together. Basically putting it into analog mode and then the ac controls do not work correctly. You can command ac on from the controls but the recycling no longer works at all even if you manually select it. Wich is partially due to unhooking the wire for the second speed fan2 control. I see that painless makes a decent fan controller that will even disable the fans at highway speed. But I think a 2001-2002 pcm may work. wiring is the same so it is just a matter of programming the pcm and plugging it in.

Advanced Tuner
    I am still waiting to find a decent explanation of what all the options are for the serial vs analog etc.

I have done 3 electric fan conversions so far and have 2 more that I will be doing soon and haven't run into this problem, but then again all of the PCM's have been 2001 and later.

Also I will be posting a modification I have come up with that allows the PCM to control both fans and still retain the ability to turn the fans on based of the A/C pressure function. I just got the parts and will test it out this week.