Thread: 2004 SRT4 write issue

Tuner

2004 SRT4 write issue

2004 SRT4 OS 05029415AH. I am able to read the tune and connect to the vehicle with the scanner but i only get sae pids, It will not support enhanced pids, but im not able to write the new tune back in. Every single time it fails the erase. It does have aftermarket radio and ive pulled the radio fuse with no change. Also have battery charger on it with no change. It originally had an out of the box disblo trinity tune on it. I returned it to stock with the diablo without issue but im still not able to write to the pcm. Tried 2 different laptops as well with no change. I emailed support friday but they have not responded yet. Anybody encountered this issue and/or overcome it?

Tuner in Training
    Hptuners doesn’t seem to care to fully support their “supported veicles” so good luck getting replied to. Would like to have the ability to log commanded afr, knock retard, and injector pulse width.

Tuner
    You have the ability to log all 3 of those on 04-05 pcms. As long as you repoll for supported parameters. They replied as well but theyre thinking my computer or the car is the issue. Although ive flashed cars before and after this car with all the same hardware im trying to use on this one and im able to flash it with a diablo handheld as well. So we?ll see where it goes from there.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb_288 View Post
    You have the ability to log all 3 of those on 04-05 pcms. As long as you repoll for supported parameters. They replied as well but theyre thinking my computer or the car is the issue. Although ive flashed cars before and after this car with all the same hardware im trying to use on this one and im able to flash it with a diablo handheld as well. So we?ll see where it goes from there.
    Really? Maybe my car has an 03 pcm then? Any numbers I could go off of to tell?

Tuner
    What the OS number?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb_288 View Post
    what the os number?
    ngc3, t0reh180535jac

Tuner
    Thats the serial number. Right below that is the os number.

Tuner in Training
    Thats the serial number. Right below that is the os number.
    Ohhh, ok. I found it, I was looking in the wrong menu. It is 04510848AA

Tuner in Training
    So a brief search revealed that my software version is an early 04 version possibly. I will need to try the repoll when I get the car running again here in a couple weeks, currently doing a major configuration change. Any chance that even though the software is an 04 version, with it being early will prevent me from logging those desired parameters?

Tuner
    Possibly. Ill look this evening and see if ive tuned one with that OS. If so then i would say that OS is fully supported.

Tuner
    You dont need the car running to do the repoll. Just hook up to it and connect the scanner then select repoll and when its done try to add new channels to scan. They should all be there.

Tuner in Training
    You dont need the car running to do the repoll. Just hook up to it and connect the scanner then select repoll and when its done try to add new channels to scan. They should all be there.
    I would buttt, then engine isn?t even in the car let alone the engine harness or ecm. Guess I could try and plug the ecm in and put some power to it maybe.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, so I was able to power up the ecm and connect to it. i repolled and it doesn?t show any of those parameters. May have to buy a newer ecm then?

Tuner in Training
    I figured it out. Just updated my vcm scanner. Works now.