Thread: 6.2 tunes?

Advanced Tuner

6.2 tunes?

Are they not popular at all to tune on here? I did search for 6.2 and nothing came up just wondering.

Tuner in Training
    If you are searching the forum, try using a different search term like "raptor".

Most forum search functions choke on decimal points.

Advanced Tuner
    yea I see plenty of raptor threads but this is for just the regular old 6.2 in the superduty. my uncle just got one and he knows ive been tuning my coyote for the past few months and wanted to see if I could wake his truck up any I, not sure the year but I think its a 15-17. I was just looking to see if anyone bothers with the non raptor version.

Advanced Tuner
    I've tune a 6.2 raptor and going to be working on a f250 6.2 as well here over the weekend, the tuning for them is identical to Coyotes, it's a copperhead PCM. They dont have VCT like Coyotes do(edit: they do have VCT, but it's dependent not independent), but everything else is practically identical
    Last edited by Jn2; 07-19-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok cool so I’m sure with just some tweaking I can get some more out of it. Thanks man you always have great info.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Ok cool so I?m sure with just some tweaking I can get some more out of it. Thanks man you always have great info.
    Bump your borderline tables @ mp0 - 5 up by ~ 5 degrees if you are running good fuel. Should help a lot around down driving both MPG and a little more pep as it creeps onto MBT for the fuel a lot faster. I got mine in the sweet spot and it only adds 0 - 3 or 4 degrees of advance depending on load and RPM (6.2 raptor though, slightly different cam).

Advanced Tuner
    thank you for the advice

Potential Tuner
    Any good tunes for the 6.2l in the super duty for engine and trans

Tuner in Training
    I have a procharged raptor tune if you need one

Potential Tuner
    I'm looking for non forced induction tunes. For a f250