Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MPVI2 Purchase Questions

Tuner in Training
    HS1

Yes, your other tuner software does not encode its data. HPTuners interface will read your ECM values as specified by the auto manufacturer.

Tuner in Training
    I am still learning a lot of stuff, but doesn't some of the other tuner software lock you out from entering a tune if you are using software different from theirs? I have not done anything with tuning, but would I be able to get a tune file from the ECM even if it was tuned with HPTuners? Can someone explain how that works? I know that VCM Editor is needed to update the tuning, but is it sent as an actual file? As far as data logging, it would be nice if there was a list of parameters available for a vehicle like an app that I use has on their website.

Advanced Tuner
    You can connect a wideband to MPVI2 without the Proset and without the OBD2 style gauge either. I use a gauge that has a serial output. The serial output is connected to pin 2 on a DB9 and ground on pin 5. An RS232 to usb adapter cord then plugged into the laptop. I simply setup the channel in the PID and it is logged along with the other sensors.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    I am still learning a lot of stuff, but doesn't some of the other tuner software lock you out from entering a tune if you are using software different from theirs? I have not done anything with tuning, but would I be able to get a tune file from the ECM even if it was tuned with HPTuners? Can someone explain how that works? I know that VCM Editor is needed to update the tuning, but is it sent as an actual file? As far as data logging, it would be nice if there was a list of parameters available for a vehicle like an app that I use has on their website.
    Assuming it wasn't tunerlocked you can usually read the ecm and start with what you read as your base file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    @Bill@HPTuners I am interested in using VCM Scanner with MPVI2 for general purpose data logging.

Does it give me access to manufacturer specific PID's for a vehicle without purchasing credits for that vehicle/specific ECU.

Can I enter my own definitions for manufacturer specific PID's into the software for example Mode 21 PID's and their formulas.