Thread: Unlicensed vehicle fault on a car I?ve tuned several times

Tuner in Training

Unlicensed vehicle fault on a car I?ve tuned several times

I have a 2012 Corvette grand sport that I?ve been updating the Tune on for a few months.

Tonight I went to update the Tune/flash. Half way through it stopped and said Timed Out. It?s done this several times before and all I do is restart the flash and goes right threw. Well it kept stating ?unlicensed vehicle?. I shut down the computer unplugged all the cables and tried again with the same fault message. I made sure the battery voltage is good, I checked the PCM fuses. The hp tuner scanner connects no issue and reads the codes. It gives code U0100 for pcm permanent failure. The car will not do anything when I try to start it and gives all kinds of error messages on the display of the car.
    I?m on the most current version of HP Tuners. Laptop is charged, car is charged up.

Any suggestions?

Tuner in Training
    Well crap after searching even longer I found a dodge guy with the same issue. Not sure if this is a new software issue as they had the issue 2 weeks ago. For those that run into this with their GM car. I copied what it took the other member had on his post that worked for him and now myself.

1. Download newest beta
    2) On your computer, go to ...Documents/ HP Tuners/ Settings
    3) In the settings folder delete the License file
    4) In the software under the "Help" menu, select "MPVI Application Keys"
    5) remove all but the most current application key you are using for the interface you are currently using
    6) Try writing to the vehicle again using the BETA software. (the program icon will say BETA)

Tuner
    Hi, I just had the same issue yesterday in my 2011 Grand Sport. How did you end up resolving this?
    2002 EB C5Z06. ECS Novi, Alky control meth & headers, 633 rwhp

I had this issue after firmware and just click vcm editor resync then flash show license options mine said not licensed even though it was if yours does DONT buy new credits and select your car provided it was modified from your original tune you will not be charged more like I thought. Disconnect battery run full flash and recheck for codes make sure everything is off in car. Do not open doors run radio even ac vent speed off ect ect ect. Run into unlicensed file switching laptops with same file and timed out during weekend and had to wait till Monday to resynce and fix. If not send a ticket in. Best I can suggest. Ive brought back brickable FPCM's this way.