Thread: auto stick

auto stick

well after updating to the latest software I'm coming into issues so I contacted hp tuners now I know they don't tune cars but there are settings that don't work.

the auto stick upshift enable/disable does nothing
    AutoStick wot enable/disable does nothing

the automatic idle speed drive doesn't seem to work

I was seeing in auto stick
    d1 d2 d3 d4 d5

and now only seeing D4 and gearbox not shifting down into first when stopped in auto stick

their answer was we don't know ????
    Attached Files Attached Files

coast down to these 222 400 775 1025 in autostick
    enable fill time adapt 2-1 in shift properties

Worth a try.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Senior Tuner
    the auto stick upshift enable/disable does nothing if you hit your TCM limit, trans will still shift
    AutoStick wot enable/disable does nothing if you hit your TCM limit, trans will still shift

You have your engine RPM limit in the ECU set to 6100rpms, you have your TCM limit at 5600. It will always shift at 5600.

AutoStick wot enable/disable - this toggles your shift schedule between TRANS>Shift Scheduling>WOT>Normal and TRANS>Shift Scheduling>Part Throttle>Normal. If enabled, it will follow the WOT table, if disabled it will follow the Part Throttle table.

The auto stick upshift enable/disable toggle switch is only applicable when the following criteria are met:

Engine RPM below Engine Cuttof, Engine RPM Below TCM limit, Output shaft speed hits either Part Throttle or WOT shift speed (depending on your choice for the Autostick WOT enable/disable), then this switch will decide if you want it to shift automatically or not. As noted, if you hit your TCM engine RPM limit before hitting your commanded shift output shaft speed, trans will shift no matter what you have selected.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 07-24-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Senior Tuner
    One thing a lot of people DONT make good use of is the fact that you can have completely different, and automatic shifts, between leaving the car in drive versus Autostick.

There is a toggle for Drive to follow either the WOT shift schedule or part throttle schedule, and the same switch for when in autostick. 95% of tunes I have seen use the identical toggle, defining WOT tables for both Drive and Autostick, but you don't have to. You can set the Trans>Shift General>WOT>WOT to disable, which will make your Drive shift rpms follow the Part Throttle tables, which can be set lower. Leave the Trans>Shift General>Autostick>Autostick WOT to Enabled, and Autostick will follow the WOT shift schedule. You can now have completely different shift schedules depending whether you are in drive or autostick. A very nice feature to have when you want to keep things tame on the street but go balls to the wall when needed in autostick.

Potential Tuner
    Very good information, thanks' for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    One thing a lot of people DONT make good use of is the fact that you can have completely different, and automatic shifts, between leaving the car in drive versus Autostick.

There is a toggle for Drive to follow either the WOT shift schedule or part throttle schedule, and the same switch for when in autostick. 95% of tunes I have seen use the identical toggle, defining WOT tables for both Drive and Autostick, but you don't have to. You can set the Trans>Shift General>WOT>WOT to disable, which will make your Drive shift rpms follow the Part Throttle tables, which can be set lower. Leave the Trans>Shift General>Autostick>Autostick WOT to Enabled, and Autostick will follow the WOT shift schedule. You can now have completely different shift schedules depending whether you are in drive or autostick. A very nice feature to have when you want to keep things tame on the street but go balls to the wall when needed in autostick.
    Sorry to post in old thread,
    Is there a way to completely disable Autostick Autoshift ?
    means when in Autostick i don't want it to shift at all till i do

i managed to do so by setting rpm limit lower than TCM rpm limit
    but still shifts on its own in Autostick at WOT

thanks in Advance