Thread: Flashing Canned tunes and FSCM credits question?

Tuner in Training

Flashing Canned tunes and FSCM credits question?

I have a few canned tunes for my 2010 GMC Sierra. I go back and forth between the different tunes sometimes and I never had any issues. Since the update in HPtuners I have not been able to find out how to load these tunes without using one more credit for my FSCM. None of the tunes have changes to the FSCM.

I tried to "Gather Information" on the truck and deselect the FSCM. When I opened the tune I want to load and try to flash it it still asks for the credits?

Is there a way I can use my tunes without using a credit for the FSCM the tunes don't touch? I can not load the tunes to deselect the FSCM so it doesn't charge me...

Thanks in advance!
    2000 Trans Am WS6 MT. SBE, PRC 225cc as cast heads cut .020",, BTR Stage 3 cam kit, Yella Terra 1.7 ratio non adj rockers LS6 Intake, FIC 42lb/hr injectors, 85MM Truck MAF, AEM 320 lph fuel pump, Vmax CNC ported stock throttle body, Johnson 2110 lifters, LS2 lifter trays, ARP head bolts, Stock head gaskets, Ported LS6 oil pump, Texas Speed 1 7/8" headers and ORY, Texas Speed cat back, GM LS2 timing chain, TNT Fabrication 8.8" converted to F-body rear end with 4.10 gears.

Advanced Tuner
    Read vehicle, when it starts, select do not read for the FSCM. Save and license that file. At least that's how I've always done it.

If you do a full read and save it you will be required to license the FSCM also when you write it.

Tuner in Training
    I can read the file that is loaded into the truck now and deselect the FSCM. I have been able to do that. What I am not understanding is after I do that, I open my tune I want to load into the truck then it asks me for credits as soon as I click Write Vehicle. I do not have any option to deselect the FSCM because it doesn't make it that far.
    2000 Trans Am WS6 MT. SBE, PRC 225cc as cast heads cut .020",, BTR Stage 3 cam kit, Yella Terra 1.7 ratio non adj rockers LS6 Intake, FIC 42lb/hr injectors, 85MM Truck MAF, AEM 320 lph fuel pump, Vmax CNC ported stock throttle body, Johnson 2110 lifters, LS2 lifter trays, ARP head bolts, Stock head gaskets, Ported LS6 oil pump, Texas Speed 1 7/8" headers and ORY, Texas Speed cat back, GM LS2 timing chain, TNT Fabrication 8.8" converted to F-body rear end with 4.10 gears.

Advanced Tuner
    when you select write vehicle and it asks for credits click "show license options"

the license options will come up in 2 sections, one being the 2 credits for the VIN number for that PCM which you select the "2 credits-individual vehicle" box.

below that is the FSCM license box. just leave the "do not license" box selected then click OK

Tuner in Training
    I will give that a try. Thanks for the response!

Potential Tuner
    Old thread, but I have found that you can go into "Tune Details", "Controllers" tab, then there is a "<double-click to remove>" for each module. Double click that under FSCM and it makes you re-save the tune. The new save no longer has the FSCM module.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieGallien View Post
    Old thread, but I have found that you can go into "Tune Details", "Controllers" tab, then there is a "<double-click to remove>" for each module. Double click that under FSCM and it makes you re-save the tune. The new save no longer has the FSCM module.
    Thanks for this! Never noticed this feature even though it is right there in quotes, and thought I would have to re-read the modules I want to include.

That feature only appeared in the latest stable release AFAIK, it's a new thing.