Thread: what wide bands to use?

Potential Tuner

what wide bands to use?

im pretty sure this has been covered somewhere, but ive yet to find it. im new to hp tuners and have a few questions about widebands, mainly what brands are going to be the most accurate and reliable, and would there be any advantage/disadvantage to running a wideband for each bank? thanks in advance for any helpful info.

Advanced Tuner
    There's many brands to choose from - ngk,aem,innovate,autometer and many more but i think it just depends on your budget imo - i feel they will all read reasonably the same - i think sensor placement will have a greater effect ... I personally cant speak for the other brands since i have only delt with aem but i haven't had an issue yet going on 5 years but I also change my sensor every year so maybe someone else will chime in about the others
    I dont see any disadvantage to running widebands in both banks due to the banks possibly running leaner or richer from one another so imo figure out which bank runs leaner and tune off that one I'd rather be a little rich than lean on the other bank
    Last edited by TCSS07; 07-21-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Just about any budget wideband in the 150-300 dollar range all use the same LSU-4.9 sensor.

AEM's are really easy to setup and that's why I use them.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

+1 on the aem wideband. It takes no time to install and is as accurate as any of the other widebands about there.

Tuner in Training
    is this the one most use with the MPVIPro?? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...4110/overview/

Advanced Tuner
    That's the one I got ... had it for a few years now no issues ... I change the sensor every couple years

I have several Innovates including an "antique" LC1, LM1 and LM2...used to like them alot but they seem to eat sensors. Now I have gravitated to the AEM X-series because of their 1) accuracy and speed and 2) multi-interface capabilities. The 30-0333 and now newer 0334, provide 3 interface options....1) OBD II -- 2008+ and some select 2006+ platforms 2) Serial and the age old reliable 3) Analog. Now they do make you go out and but $0.80 of connector pins and $0.30 of wire (shipping will cost $10 :-)) to allow connection for the serial and analog but after that, you have a universal wideband with enough capability for any tuner.

While we are waiting for the Hub Expander and Pro Software update for the MPVI2 or if you have the Standard MPVI legacy, you will have sufficient interface capability without having to break into your EGR or AC Pressure Sensor inputs.

I also understand that Ballenger is working on an OBDII interface unit as well.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]