Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help with LQ9 ls 6.0 tune in 71 c-10

Tuner in Training

Need Help with LQ9 ls 6.0 tune in 71 c-10

hi

new to hp tunes and need some help with my tune. have done a lot of reading and research and have my truck running pretty good .I still fill like a off idle stumble and a sort of bog. I cave the engine cammed with comp cam 54-454-11 and a stall which is about 2200. can someone look at my tune and see if I need to do any changes any help would be very apriciated

Thank Youidle scan.Channels.xml
    Last edited by pilotnut5150; 07-21-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    log file?

Advanced Tuner
    those wont work you need the .hpl file - the log file itself

Tuner in Training

here are log files

hi here are log files
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training

files

here is small run
    Attached Files Attached Files

+25 on the long term trims, that's a dead give away of a problem. Also the o2 sensors go dead lean to under 100mv under WOT.

I highly suggest you stop going full throttle until you can fix that.

The tune looks mostly stock with minimal to no airflow model corrections. No MAF tuning and barely any VE changes for the camshaft swap.

Verify fuel pressure is steady at 58psi. Make sure you have ZERO exhaust leaks and vacuum leaks pre o2 sensors. Do not be surprised if those stock injectors are too small and you run out of injector room.

You will need a wideband for tuning, you can not tune this without one.

Please add knock retard, injector pulse width for both banks, commanded AFR, cylinder airmass and anything else that you think you need to log.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    hi

thanks, yeah will recheck vaccum leaks and will verify 58psi by adding a gauge to my regulator. Will weld bung in tomorrow as I do have the wide band I can add to my hp tunes , thanks for your help any suggestions to tables ? sorry very new to this so barley getting my feet wet
    Last edited by pilotnut5150; 07-22-2018 at 01:56 AM.

Tuner in Training
    hi checked today and found vaccum leak and fixed it , what size injector should I run 30lb or 42lb I have a chance to get some from a buddy and what to get the right ones for this engine ?

Either size would work as far as flow is concerned. 30-31lb/hr support like mid 450's at the crank at 90-95% duty cycle.

Just make sure whatever you get are good quality or OEM injectors with data. No garbage ebay stuff with no information as that will just make you chase your tail.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ok I did fix the o2 sensor bank 1 it had a broken wire but now at idle it is -14 now its running to rich right?

Overall the MAF and VE tables need to be corrected still. So after fixing your 2 issue it may be pulling fuel at idle and part throttle because the airflow model is in need of work. It's when you get to full throttle stuff where the larger injectors will still come into play.

Tuner in Training
    hi yes definitely going to change injectors like you stated , any suggestions on MAF and VE table ?

Once your wideband is integrated with your vehicle/hp tuners you can create and AFR or Lambda error against the commanded AFR to fix the airflow model.

This page has the write ups to follow.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...tarted-Threads

Each part (MAF/VE) has to be done separate from one another. So you can pick the VE or the MAF to start with. Each one also has to be done without closed loop fuel control and fuel trims. So disable those features in the tune is required for this type of tuning. Do more reading on the topic to get a better understanding. Watch video's if you can find them.

Tuner in Training
    thank you will do

Tuner in Training
    hey also verified fuel pressure and its about 35psi I will probably need to upgrade pump as well?

Yes. The flow rate in the computer is rated at around 58psi.

Two of the things I always notice with swap vehicles and is improper fuel pressure or vacuum/exhaust leaks. Once they are fixed everything starts falling into place.

Tuner in Training
    I have in tank pump what do you recommend?

A walbro 255lph pump will be more than enough. Or something very similar will work.

Tuner in Training
    I have a 340lph pump that will work as well right ?

Yeah, that's fine. If you have a regulator it'll be easy to achieve the pressure you require even with a big pump.