Thread: E69 flash question

Potential Tuner

E69 flash question

I have an 08 HHR SS LNF that the ecm went out on. I however do have a copy of its tune backed up. I bought another ECM. My question is if i flash the backup from my orginal onto it will it change the vin and all? I am not at all use to this ECM. Or if anyone has recommendations as for what I need to do to unlock it so it will work on my car that would be great.

Someone can correct me here but what you want can turn out to be pretty expensive doing it through HP Tuners in some cases.

First you'd have to license the new computer, then you'd have to try to wirte entire your file over the new computer. If it worked it might require you to re-license the computer because you have now created a new VIN/OS pair on that computer. So that's 4 credits total plus the cost of the computer.

Or you could get a cheap computer, have the GM dealership flash the computer with a STOCK file for your VIN number so everything matches. Then only spend 2 credits to license it, then use the compare feature to copy over all your data without having to do any extra flashing. It could be cheaper to do it this way.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Dealership wants 150 to flash and I have to take my car there. I already have the new computer. i dont want to have to buy 4 credits but if I do still would be cheaper.