Thread: 08 350z stock file. Missing some stuff here HP!

08 350z stock file. Missing some stuff here HP!

I had my buddy stop by with his 08 high rev 350z so I could pull the file from it. Successfully pulled the file without a hitch (roughly 5 min read if you anyone is curious) and after looking thru it and the 09 370z file that was posted I noticed something pretty important is missing right off the bat. There are no main timing advance tables! Just the trim adjust tables. Also, to compete with UpRev, customers are going to want 2step, flat foot shifting, rolling anti-lag etc. Is there any plan to add this stuff to the Z/G cars and even the GTR's?

Ive attached the read for you guys since there seems to be limited amounts posted for the new vehicles that have been added to the supported vehicles list.

(Side note for HP employees, I have access to a new Golf R, can we work on support for that car? I can help get a read if its possible!)

2008_350z_HighRev_Stock.hpt

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^uprev has all those features in their new software

rolling
    launch control
    flatfootshift
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Yes, I know they do. Which is why Im asking if HP has any plans to add similar features so people have a reason to chose HP over UpRev

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    I had my buddy stop by with his 08 high rev 350z so I could pull the file from it. Successfully pulled the file without a hitch (roughly 5 min read if you anyone is curious) and after looking thru it and the 09 370z file that was posted I noticed something pretty important is missing right off the bat. There are no main timing advance tables! Just the trim adjust tables. Also, to compete with UpRev, customers are going to want 2step, flat foot shifting, rolling anti-lag etc. Is there any plan to add this stuff to the Z/G cars and even the GTR's?

Ive attached the read for you guys since there seems to be limited amounts posted for the new vehicles that have been added to the supported vehicles list.

(Side note for HP employees, I have access to a new Golf R, can we work on support for that car? I can help get a read if its possible!)

2008_350z_HighRev_Stock.hpt
    What year Golf?

2018, it's my sisters car. She just picked it up when they released the latest model.

Anything on the missing timing tables for the Z???

2018, it's my sisters car. She just picked it up when they released the latest model.

Anything on the missing timing tables for the Z???
    They're not missing, they just don't exist. These are the same tables that UpRev calls "Main Timing". With the 370Z, the ignition strategy changed slightly (as well as some other vehicles).

But for the 350Z, you will completely control timing with those tables. Without getting into too much detail, it's the same idea as normal ignition tables, up is more and down is less. Although a value of 1 doesn't necessarily correspond with 1 degree of timing. A guide will be written up explaining in more detail how this works.

There must be some kind of "base" timing tables since those "trim" tables are adding or subtracting from somewhere, no?

There must be some kind of "base" timing tables since those "trim" tables are adding or subtracting from somewhere, no?
    Don't get caught up on the name. Those are the base timing tables.

I have to look again when I get home tonight. But I vaguely remember the trim tables just have some +/- 0-4* values. Didn't really resemble a base timing table. But Ill double check to make sure its not just my brain working overtime for nothing lol

Is there any chance you guys will figure out someway to remove the need to plug in the cable everytime I open a file? That has to be my LEAST favorite thing with the new device so far. Once the cable is sync'd, I shouldnt have to plug it in just to look at a tune file.

I have to look again when I get home tonight. But I vaguely remember the trim tables just have some +/- 0-4* values. Didn't really resemble a base timing table. But Ill double check to make sure its not just my brain working overtime for nothing lol
    It's not going to resemble what you're used to seeing, that's my point. That's why i'm making a guide. But see attached, the values have greater separation than that

table.PNG

Ok, fair enough Evan! Ill take a stab at it when my buddy leaves his car at my shop and see how it turns out!

Tuner
    Evan, any headway on the documentation for the Nissan 350Z tuning guide?

Just to add to this thread, wouldn't the Trim adjustment actually be linked to the High detonation instead of Low detonation tables? The trim adjustment is pulling timing out where we know these tables should actually not have timing pulled out of them?

Maybe Low and High table definitions are switched?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    It's not going to resemble what you're used to seeing, that's my point. That's why i'm making a guide. But see attached, the values have greater separation than that

table.PNG
    Any link for your guide?

Im new to this, I own a Q50 2014 3.7 and I would love to learn more.

FIRST GOAL: Loud Crack & pops while downshifting etc
    I heard its pretty simple once you know which parameters to edit, but theres not much information about VQ engines with HP tuner.
    Any input is welcome or useful links/videos

Also if you can simply show me how to quickly do this using TEAMVIEWER I can pay you I dont mind.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    They're not missing, they just don't exist. These are the same tables that UpRev calls "Main Timing". With the 370Z, the ignition strategy changed slightly (as well as some other vehicles).

But for the 350Z, you will completely control timing with those tables. Without getting into too much detail, it's the same idea as normal ignition tables, up is more and down is less. Although a value of 1 doesn't necessarily correspond with 1 degree of timing. A guide will be written up explaining in more detail how this works.
    any work on this quide?