Thread: Turbo FMEM limit on a GT500?

Advanced Tuner

Turbo FMEM limit on a GT500?

Hi, Seeing a turbo FMEM limit on my 2014 GT500 arond 6000rpms. After googling this error, it seems to only come up on ecoboost vehicles, not sure what I'm seeing here.
    Various posters on here say to adjust a table that I don't seem to have.
    Car has modded motor, around 20psi, 850rwhp on 93 pump so far

Anyone have input?

Attached is tune in progress and log

FMEM limit.hpl

2014GT500best3_elliptical_best24.hpt

Long shot but try raising wheel torque error above 75000?

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I'll try that today.
    I assume this is something in the ecu leftover from a turbo tune, that this calibration started with or something.
    I wonder if there is a table that's in there, but HPTuners doesn't see it currently?

Advanced Tuner
    Set the wheel torque error to 150,000. no difference.
    I am maxxing out the fuel flow rate at 7.999 at around 4800rpms, and then around 6000rpms get the turbo FMEM error, after that I get an insufficient fuel flow error. Maybe the maxxing out of fuel flow values is causing these errors? Is it possible to make the max fuel flow larger? Reading online some GM tuners scale the tune, is this the answer? Or can the fuel flow be increased in this tune?

Advanced Tuner
    Today I scaled the tune by .75, didn't help anything. Anyone see this error before?

Have you figure out the issue

Advanced Tuner
    I got it sorted, don't think the error is there anymore, and I've been driving it a good bit. I think it came from the mas air meter being pegged, along with a lot of other limits. I have installed the largest mass air meter I could find, and lotsa problems went away. I scaled the ecu back to stock too.

Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    I got it sorted, don't think the error is there anymore, and I've been driving it a good bit. I think it came from the mas air meter being pegged, along with a lot of other limits. I have installed the largest mass air meter I could find, and lotsa problems went away. I scaled the ecu back to stock too.
    What was your intake size ?
    Last edited by small tuner; 11-01-2018 at 04:58 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by small tuner View Post
    What was your intake size ?
    Do you mean the mass air meter?

Air intake pipe

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by small tuner View Post
    Air intake pipe
    Yes, I got the JLT super big one.
    Currently at 950rwhp on 93 pump, no water meth, still good. Gonna try to get 1000rwhp on same fuel with this same MAF tube, hopefully it'll be big enough to do it. If not, is there one bigger, that's on the market? I guess I could fab up one, but much easier just to buy.

Is it draw thru still? I assume since your using a JLT.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, I don't see how it could be any other way

Tuner in Training
    you can try reducing the slopes by 10 or 15% and pulling maf out as a test.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caged View Post
    you can try reducing the slopes by 10 or 15% and pulling maf out as a test.
    Not following, what slopes are you referring to?
    How would you pull the maf out?

Tuner in Training
    The injector flow rate high and low, then multiply the whole maf table by .9 and just scale as normal. It's just a crude way of dropping your airflow down to check if you're hitting some kind of limit. Basically similar to the bigger maf housing if it's not completly maxed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caged View Post
    The injector flow rate high and low, then multiply the whole maf table by .9 and just scale as normal. It's just a crude way of dropping your airflow down to check if you're hitting some kind of limit. Basically similar to the bigger maf housing if it's not completly maxed.
    Yes, tried scaling, to no avail. The maf was pegged, no scaling will fix that. Larger air tube was the answer.

Advanced Tuner
    Back up against this limit again, working on airflow mods, installed an even larger MAF tube, the PMAS DD150, power came up, it's at 1048rwhp now on 93 pump, getting turbo FMEM again, throttle closing fast & hard around 7400 or so. Power is still rising at this rpm, so I need the throttle open up here. I am not sure turbo FMEM has anything to do with this throttle closure though, as the turbo FMEM comes on around 4500rpms. Other then turbo FMEM, I have no other errors or limiters showing. I do get a weird calculated throttle area spike, right before throttle closing.

Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    Back up against this limit again, working on airflow mods, installed an even larger MAF tube, the PMAS DD150, power came up, it's at 1048rwhp now on 93 pump, getting turbo FMEM again, throttle closing fast & hard around 7400 or so. Power is still rising at this rpm, so I need the throttle open up here. I am not sure turbo FMEM has anything to do with this throttle closure though, as the turbo FMEM comes on around 4500rpms. Other then turbo FMEM, I have no other errors or limiters showing. I do get a weird calculated throttle area spike, right before throttle closing.
    turbo fem.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Yeah, I saw that, does nothing in this situation.
    I know there's a lot of tables that aren't used in certain calibrations, I'm thinking those aren't used in this one, as they seem to do nothing.
    If there's an air limit table of some sort, we need to be able to adjust it. I think the whole trick to these ecu's is figuring out where everything is, once that's known, the tables can be adjusted.