Thread: How do you clear a permanent code?

How do you clear a permanent code?

OK, some very smart person has figured this out. How to get rid of a permanent code.

P0068 - MAP / MAF - THROTTLE POSITION CORRELATION (PERMANENT)

I made a change to my tune and threw 3 codes, one is permanent see attachment.

Thanks, Victor
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1000hp is never enough!

You don't, it's permanent.

Either the issue has to be fixed or it goes away on it's own. Or if said code is not causing an issue you can disable the SES light.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yep. I suppose that the MAF, VVE (MAP), or throttle related tables were changed enough to pass the disagreement threshold. You could reverse the changes you made....but if the changes were going in the correct direction that proves that the other thing (probably either MAF or VVE) also needs to head that direction....so they can stay in agreement.

Once your computer sees that they agree again....for a little while....the code will clear on its own.
    Last edited by IARLLC; 07-23-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Red face Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    Yep. I suppose that the MAF, VVE (MAP), or throttle related tables were changed enough to pass the disagreement threshold. You could reverse the changes you made....but if the changes were going in the correct direction that proves that the other thing (probably either MAF or VVE) also needs to head that direction....so they can stay in agreement.

Once your computer sees that they agree again....for a little while....the code will clear on its own.
    I have disabled it in the DCT temporarily till it clears, I also rolled back to an earlier tune that did not have any issues. I am told by a good friend that it will clear it self in time.
    As you have posted. Thank you!!

This is the change I made, trying to get my cold start surge under control.....
    (your surging bad because your commanded afr at startup is at 9afr way to rich - go to fuel/open loop/gas gear and gas p/n - copy p/n to the in gear chart and see how it starts up if it still surges then lean out the fueling a bit more)
    Last edited by Vicster; 07-23-2018 at 03:04 PM.
    1000hp is never enough!

Code is gone

Drove the car twice and code went away!!!!!!!

Thank You!!!!
    1000hp is never enough!

Cool! Glad to hear it.