Thread: JK Stuck in 1st on Dyno

Senior Tuner

JK Stuck in 1st on Dyno

Searched a bit and found others who had similar issues but didn't seen any real resolution except for some general advice that has worked on other platforms.

Had a 2010 JK, supercharged, on the dyno and with it in 2wd it was throwing a fit and only allowing autostick in 1st gear, no response to hitting the shifter trying to move up gears.

What have you guys done to get these things into higher gears?

I just had a 2012 JK on my dyno. I found if the tires are rolling it won't shift. However if you put it in gear and hold your foot on the brake tires not turning yet you can manually shift into 2nd or 3rd gear. Once the dash says 2nd gear once you start rolling it will shift into 2nd and hold that gear for the pull. Same might be true for 3rd but I did not try to use 3rd gear.

start truck
    hold brake
    pull shifter into drive then to the left to enter manual mode
    push right to show 2nd or 3rd
    release brake and start the pull.
    2001 V6 M5 firebird: drop in K&N, 12bolt with posi and 4.30s, magnaflow muffler, gutted cat.
    9.5 at 73 in the 1/8th on street tires

Tuner
    for the jks make sure u disable the traction fully ( remove fuse or VSM editor) before dyno run other wise the stick shift will not work / i always pull the run whit the third gear
    Jeep wrangler 2012 automatic, sprintex supercharger, 9lbs of boost, 4.5" lift, fox 2.5 internal bypass shocks, 4.88 gears, 37" tires,

Ford Mustang Shelby gt350 2017, airraid air filter, jlt catch-can,

Senior Tuner
    Thanks guys