Thread: Ported Stock TB vs 95mm TB

Tuner

Ported Stock TB vs 95mm TB

2016 2SS A8 currently has a ported stock throttle body on a G1pro intake. Considering replacing with 95mm one. What will need to be changed in the tune if anything? Would ported 95mm be better than a non ported one? Car has forged internals and stage 2 38% cam.

Advanced Tuner
    I have throttle body and adapter and tune for it Call or text Paul 281-450-1498

Should just have to slightly adjust the TB Area% Scalar.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppacapp View Post
    Should just have to slightly adjust the TB Area% Scalar.
    I agree very little as you are still flowing into the same 87 mm diameter snout port.

I'm waiting to see if there are any significant gains before giving it a try. I already have a ported tb.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    I agree very little as you are still flowing into the same 87 mm diameter snout port.

I'm waiting to see if there are any significant gains before giving it a try. I already have a ported tb.
    I actually will be attaching this to a G1pro sheetmetal intake. It has a larger opening than stock intake.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianw36 View Post
    I actually will be attaching this to a G1pro sheetmetal intake. It has a larger opening than stock intake.
    You may have to go more if your G1pro is larger than the stock snout. 95 to 87 calculates 19% but does not take into account the shaft and blade area differences. Might want to consult with Paul. I've read where he's a good tuner.

Advanced Tuner
    Im me —-I charge 350 per tune. I was the one who came up with the idea for 95mm
    Adapter for LT1 cars and z06 - worked with ICT For design
    Last edited by paulsmithsr; 09-07-2018 at 10:43 PM.