Thread: need help with tune ?

need help with tune ?

2016 Mustang Auto with the Whipple stg 2 set up, finally able to log the tune thanks to the HP guys but can not see anything out of place, tb is going into failsafe mode in the same spot every time....also control/function feature not working so I can not check if any whipple limiters are still enabled

any assistance would be great

Attachment 82326Attachment 82327

Not sure why you created another thread, but my money is still on Whipple knock limiting. If I were you, I'd find someone local with the flare tool and borrow it to turn that feature off. It's the most common cause of closing throttle when everything is left at default in the Whipple tune. It caused problems for me several times until I turned it off and left it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner46 View Post
    Not sure why you created another thread, but my money is still on Whipple knock limiting. If I were you, I'd find someone local with the flare tool and borrow it to turn that feature off. It's the most common cause of closing throttle when everything is left at default in the Whipple tune. It caused problems for me several times until I turned it off and left it off.
    this is a different car not the same fault as the last one I had, the other problem was in the torque & inverse cal tables which I sorted out.

looks like I need to find someone with a flare tool if this is the case

Senior Tuner
    If you strategy swap one of these it gets rid of anything set by Flare tool right? Seems like a good time to ask

Ah, ok, didn't realize this was a different car. I don't see knock in your log, so maybe it's something else. When I had issues with knock limiting, if I saw any knock retard, it would kick in and limit throttle until I shut the car off for a bit and then restarted and tried again. If this car is limiting throttle every time you go WOT with no knock retard occurring previously in the same drive, then it's not knock limiting causing your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    If you strategy swap one of these it gets rid of anything set by Flare tool right? Seems like a good time to ask
    I do have another file that I could try this with... thanks for the tip

Senior Tuner
    It's going to make you pay to strategy swap even if you have unlimited but if you don't even have access to a Flare tool and nobody around with one that's probably the easiest solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    It's going to make you pay to strategy swap even if you have unlimited but if you don't even have access to a Flare tool and nobody around with one that's probably the easiest solution.
    my problem is I cant get the flare tool nor dose my control/function section works to disable any limiters so the strategy swap is my best option