Thread: Reducing timing for traction in the 60ft

Tuner in Training

Reducing timing for traction in the 60ft

Pretty new to tuning, but I am trying to figure out the best method to pull timing for traction under 3200-3000 rpm, whether it be via the High Octane Spark table or the PE Spark table (Alcohol in my car). 2009 H/C/E65ish CTSV. I've seen it done both ways, but which way would be more effective?

Senior Tuner
    u can also limit the throttle body if in autos say 1st and 2nd are limited to 80% under 3000rpm and 3rd on 100% and just adjust the % to suit the track (never tried it but the option is there) it looks to be usabe in manuals also but the gear may not work so its just rpm based

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jime View Post
    I use the high octane spark table. After a bunch of experimenting I have found anything less than 10 is not a good idea. I use the log to see when car starts to move and ramp up just beyond that, seems to work ok but does affect your reaction time.
    Yea thats what im trying now. Thank you for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    u can also limit the throttle body if in autos say 1st and 2nd are limited to 80% under 3000rpm and 3rd on 100% and just adjust the % to suit the track (never tried it but the option is there) it looks to be usabe in manuals also but the gear may not work so its just rpm based
    This one is pretty interesting, i'm going to try it out and see how it works out. Thanks man.