Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tundra

Tuner in Training

Tundra

I just received my MVPI2 yesterday, excited there is support for Toyota. I've been a long time AEM and Mitsubishi tuner and have a 2013 Tundra S/C.

This is my first experience with an HP tuners product.

I downloaded the beta and am having problems connecting. It reads the flash, up to 100% then says "error" with no other information.

I thought maybe it was due to the Bullydog tune so I removed that, tried again, and have the same "error" message after reading the flash. Not sure what to do at this point since it's such a new release. I sent HP tuners a message, but it's the weekend so I will likely need to wait until Monday to hear back.

I really hope this doesn't turn into needing to install a different ECU for some reason as there was nothing documented saying "this may not work with XYZ".

Anyone have similar issues reading a flash?

Quote Originally Posted by LILEVO View Post
    I just received my MVPI2 yesterday, excited there is support for Toyota. I've been a long time AEM and Mitsubishi tuner and have a 2013 Tundra S/C.

This is my first experience with an HP tuners product.

I downloaded the beta and am having problems connecting. It reads the flash, up to 100% then says "error" with no other information.

I thought maybe it was due to the Bullydog tune so I removed that, tried again, and have the same "error" message after reading the flash. Not sure what to do at this point since it's such a new release. I sent HP tuners a message, but it's the weekend so I will likely need to wait until Monday to hear back.

I really hope this doesn't turn into needing to install a different ECU for some reason as there was nothing documented saying "this may not work with XYZ".

Anyone have similar issues reading a flash?
    What is your support ticket ID? Also, make sure your PC is connected to the internet when trying to read/write the Tundra.

Tuner in Training
    Internet, yes. 138908

I am having the same issue , did you ever get in ?

Tuner in Training
    Need to use the BETA software, that should work. That will allow you to download HP tuners oem ECU file, modify it, look at the file, etc, then burn it. You cannot read anything from the ECU.

If that doesn't work you'll have to reach out to support. I had to go back and forth a couple times even after downloading the beta software in order to connect.

Tuner in Training
    I'm still stuck waiting for the expansion HUB in order to tie in my wideband. Haven't touched or modified anything yet.

I have a bullydog tune installed currently which makes a bunch more power than the oem trd SC tune which is what HP tuners uses

I am trying to turn off the secondary air injection stuff , and my tundra is a 2006 4.7

Tuner in Training
    06 is the prior gen. This only works with 07+

Potential Tuner
    Just wrapped up a rebuild on our 2015 tundra with TRD S/C. Ordered the mpvi2 and suite. Have you made any progress yet? Did HPtuners support tell you we won't be able to read/save ECU files? I feel like that's a big part of the functionality I was expecting and may lead me to return it. I know they say its BETA but still...

The PCM's cannot be read, it's a "virtual read". Of course you can save any tune files you create. We have a 2014 Tundra at our office, it has been tuned many many times.

You must use the latest 4.1 beta software.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Twister086 View Post
    Just wrapped up a rebuild on our 2015 tundra with TRD S/C. Ordered the mpvi2 and suite. Have you made any progress yet? Did HPtuners support tell you we won't be able to read/save ECU files? I feel like that's a big part of the functionality I was expecting and may lead me to return it. I know they say its BETA but still...
    Still waiting for the hub to be able to tie wideband in. Not doing any tuning until then.

Advanced Tuner
    Still waiting for the hub to be able to tie wideband in. Not doing any tuning until then.
    the truck may be sitting for a while then Get it started and at least moving. You're not going to blow it up without a wideband in it during those times.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    I already have a bullydog tune that makes way more than the stock trd /hp base CAL. No sense in starting from scratch without being able to monitor wide band

Tuner in Training
    trd.jpg

Exhaust and pulley

Dyno overlay of the stock tune vs bullydog. No other changes. Ignore the AFR, dyno was reading a bit lean

Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    the truck may be sitting for a while then Get it started and at least moving. You're not going to blow it up without a wideband in it during those times.
    Guys the truck has wideband sensors fitted as standard, i honestly don't know what you are talking about! ???
    I count sheep in hex...

sorry i meant my reply to be to this post, lol
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    That works. Didn't think it was that easy. Do they come up as O2 B1 and O2 B2?

From memory they are:
    - Desired Lambda
    - Actual Lambda B1
    - Actual Lambda B2

There is also EQ Ratio PIDs which is what the ECM uses to command the fuel, then converts to lambda/AFR etc.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Good info. Case closed, time to go do some street pulls

IMAG1865-20181009-174020113.jpgIMAG1865-20181009-174020113.jpg

Potential Tuner
    You're a little lean still, data log and see where you need to add. We are installing an innovate wideband just as a visual display. Wasn't planning on using it to tune.

What I'm worried about is my starting point for the supercharger. If I can't pull the ecu file, I won't have a starting ecu file for begin modifying. I'm pretty comfortable with my ability to adjust, but not to start from scratch. Any input here Chris?