Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tundra

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Twister086 View Post
    You're a little lean still, data log and see where you need to add. We are installing an innovate wideband just as a visual display. Wasn't planning on using it to tune.

What I'm worried about is my starting point for the supercharger. If I can't pull the ecu file, I won't have a starting ecu file for begin modifying. I'm pretty comfortable with my ability to adjust, but not to start from scratch. Any input here Chris?
    That picture is from the bullydog tune. I can't actually modify that file with HP tuners. It reverts back to the OEM TRD tune and then you use HP tuners to modify/burn that file.

Do you have an OEM TRD ECU file or are you running an N/A ECU with the supercharger?

In my case, I had a TRD file on my ECU so that is what HP Tuners uses as a "base file". If HP tuners reads your truck and sees a stock N/A tune that is what you are starting with. I wonder if there is a way for HP tuners to use the oem TRD tune on trucks that didn't originally have it.

Potential Tuner
    I have the N/A tune in the ECM now. Was hoping there would be something useful in the repository. I guess I could buy the calibalration file from Toyota's tech info site, but wasn't planning on paying for the tune, and then paying for the tuner also...

Tuner in Training
    HP tuners has that TRD cal. I would message them and send them a log file or whatever they need from you. They might be able to send you the S/C base cal instead of the one on your ECU.

At this stage its not easy for us to do this, the only real changes in the files are the injector size, some spark and fuel stuff and the disabling/removal of the ACIS feature of the stock manifold.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    If the software can't read the ECU in the truck then how does it work / what does it matter which calibration is currently in a ECU?

Doesn't the calibration that gets burned to the ECU come from hp tuners servers or wherever the software downloads it from? I.E the "virtual read"?

Potential Tuner
    Well mine will be delivered tomorrow so I guess I'll start screwing around tomorrow after work.

Quote Originally Posted by LILEVO View Post
    If the software can't read the ECU in the truck then how does it work / what does it matter which calibration is currently in a ECU?

Doesn't the calibration that gets burned to the ECU come from hp tuners servers or wherever the software downloads it from? I.E the "virtual read"?
    We don't have the ability to allow the user to select which calibration to load and a few other problems relating to licensing.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Could someone send another person their own file to view and compare to their own? Or overlay the differences between two different files?

Could someone send another person their own file to view and compare to their own? Or overlay the differences between two different files?
    Yes to both.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    There doesn't appear to be any actual OEM MAP monitoring since the truck is MAF based. It would be helpful to monitor boost.

We can monitor absolute load, but that's displayed as a percentage. Of what I'm not sure.

Is there a way to wire in a 5v pressure sensor to an existing ECU input and monitor actual manifold pressure?

There doesn't appear to be any actual OEM MAP monitoring since the truck is MAF based. It would be helpful to monitor boost.

We can monitor absolute load, but that's displayed as a percentage. Of what I'm not sure.

Is there a way to wire in a 5v pressure sensor to an existing ECU input and monitor actual manifold pressure?
    not that i know of. Toyota sucks in this regard as they actually compile out any non-required functions in the code (Bosch do this a lot too). So you can't just turn stuff on again because its not actually there. It's surprising that TRD didn't add a MAP sensor but i guess they figured 6psi who cares... For example all Toyota turbo diesels run MAP and MAF sensors.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    There's a vacuum port on the driver's side of the blower you could use for a MAP input. No idea how you would collect the data though.

Tuner in Training
    How much different is the land cruiser, lx570 ecu? Know few people dying to turbo/supercharge those.

How much different is the land cruiser, lx570 ecu? Know few people dying to turbo/supercharge those.
    I've already added a bunch of support for those with 3UR-FE engine, we haven't announced it officially yet because the coverage isn't complete enough. I think its definitely possible to make the stock calibration work with a supercharger. I'm happy to work with you guys if you have a test vehicle.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    . . . We have a 2014 Tundra at our office, it has been tuned many many times.

You must use the latest 4.1 beta software.
    Were you able to log MAF sensor voltage? I don't see voltage or frequency as an available channel in the scanner (most recent full or beta versions).

Quote Originally Posted by lunacinco View Post
    Were you able to log MAF sensor voltage? I don't see voltage or frequency as an available channel in the scanner (most recent full or beta versions).
    I hooked up to my tundra as well to do a datalog and couldn't log voltage as well. truck currently has 87 but I wanted an initial log to see where its at. What lambda are you guys commanding? the truck is currently giving me 81 lambda wot. im going to try commanding 85 once I get 91 in the tank
    2017 mustang gt

Potential Tuner
    Did you command 85? What changed?

MAF Sensor Voltage isn't an available PID unfortunately
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

LX570 twinturbop

hi

I have a LX570 with twin turbo can you help me with the tuning, please

I started another thread where I was dyno tuning my tundra. The sweet spot for my 87/91 blend was 84 lambda. I didnt gain more power from leaning it to 85-87 and it wasn't taking any timing. I'm currently at 24 degrees. Until I go full 91
    2017 mustang gt