Thread: Dtc U1088?

Tuner in Training

Dtc U1088?

Loss of communication with SDM
    What causes this DTC? I noticed the check engine didnt come on when I set the maf diagnostic to 0 so I checked the DTC and got that.

Tuner in Training
    ttttt

Advanced Tuner
    SDM = Sensing and Diagnostic Module, basically the airbag module.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    SDM = Sensing and Diagnostic Module, basically the airbag module.
    Thanks man, any idea on what needs to be replaced to ensure proper air bag deployment if in an accident?

Advanced Tuner
    It may only be raising the code during programming when the ECU is too busy dealing with the data from HPT. Try clearing the code and if it doesn't come back between programming, then I wouldn't worry about it. Also, since this is one of the U body codes, HPT can't yet clear it, you'll have to get it cleared by a dealer, or I believe some of the more expensive Snap-On scanners will clear it. Some places loan those out for free.

I wouldn't jump into replacing that module just yet, its incredibly expensive.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    It may only be raising the code during programming when the ECU is too busy dealing with the data from HPT. Try clearing the code and if it doesn't come back between programming, then I wouldn't worry about it. Also, since this is one of the U body codes, HPT can't yet clear it, you'll have to get it cleared by a dealer, or I believe some of the more expensive Snap-On scanners will clear it. Some places loan those out for free.

I wouldn't jump into replacing that module just yet, its incredibly expensive.
    thanks man