Thread: Need Help Tuning VVE

Question Need Help Tuning VVE

I have tried numerous times to tune the VVE on my 2010 Camaro SS L99.

I have deleted DoD/AFM but I still run VVT via a Texas Speed VVT 3.2 cam kit.

Some background here. I paid for a tune and ended up with a MAF only tune with no trans tuning. Me and a buddy have worked on it and got it running better, but he and I have different schedules and we just can't ever get together to work on the VVE tuning.

He did try to help some by telling me how to fail the MAF and applying filters, but every time I go to log, it goes in to power save aka limp mode.

I just need someone to tell me the correct way to do this so I don't get killed pulling out in traffic or on the freeway because it decides to go in to limp mode and barely move under its own power.

So I need to know:

How to setup the filters and which ones.
    How to build the VVE correction graph to log.
    How to apply the VVE corrections and smooth graph.

And whatever else I don't know...

Thanks...
    2010 Camaro SS 781rwhp
    TKR Stage 4 CTSV 6L90
    Circle D 258mm 3400 3B Pro Series Multi Disk
    Kooks Ceramic LT's & full 3in exhaust
    TFS GenX 255's (Polished PAC .660's and Ti-Retainers)
    TSP VVT 3.2 cam
    Smith Bro's trunnion kit
    AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband Gauges
    FIC ID1300x Injectors
    ZL1 Fuel Pump
    DSX Flex Fuel Kit / Auxiliary Fuel Pump Kit
    MM Camaro 5 Wild
    Holley Tall LS Valve Covers
    NGK Iridium IX #7
    HP Tuners MPVI2+
    ProCharger D1X @ 13psi

I pull the MAF signal wire (yellow?) from my harness (due to air sensor located in MAF sensor), change the DTC for MAF to mil on first error, dynamic airflow high rpm disable 8000 rpm re enable 7900 rpm. Engine diagnostics section MAF fail hz 200/100. Disable your Cat overtemp and deceleration fuel cut off. Move your high octane spark table to low octane spark table. Log ltft and stft make required cell count 50 and do lower speed tuning first not freeway, hold it in different gears to hit different engine loads. I usually do 3-4 runs up to 4500rpm, resetting ltft after each tune. When you get your ltft+stft data copy it and past it to the Vve with multiply by %. After two trials you will then multiply by%-1/2 (the tuning school has a good online video of setting up the ltft+stft math)

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by John_C View Post
    I have tried numerous times to tune the VVE on my 2010 Camaro SS L99.

I have deleted DoD/AFM but I still run VVT via a Texas Speed VVT 3.2 cam kit.

Some background here. I paid for a tune and ended up with a MAF only tune with no trans tuning. Me and a buddy have worked on it and got it running better, but he and I have different schedules and we just can't ever get together to work on the VVE tuning.

He did try to help some by telling me how to fail the MAF and applying filters, but every time I go to log, it goes in to power save aka limp mode.

I just need someone to tell me the correct way to do this so I don't get killed pulling out in traffic or on the freeway because it decides to go in to limp mode and barely move under its own power.

So I need to know:

How to setup the filters and which ones.
    How to build the VVE correction graph to log.
    How to apply the VVE corrections and smooth graph.

And whatever else I don't know...

Thanks...
    Right click the graph area and select graphs layout, select the table that you would like to edit and setup the parameter to long/short term fuel trim sensor, setup your column and row axis to RPM VS MAP, and make sure that you are logging the long/short in your channels. Copy error values displayed in log and paste special % half in all four of your VVE tables.
    07 Silverado 5.3 full exhaust, CAI, BTR Stage 2 turbo cam and springs 226/231 .605"/.598" 113+4

BTW, here are my mods...

Circle D Specialties GM 278mm 6L80 3200-3400 RPM 2B Torque Converter
    Cold Air Inductions CAI
    JRE CAI Scoop + RotoFab Washer Bottle Relocation Kit
    Kooks Ceramic Coated Signature Series 1-3/4 to 1-7/8 Stepped Headers Part #22502300
    Kooks full 3in exhaust with race cats Part #22505201 (Currently with Off Road Catless Pipes)
    Trick Flow GenX 255's #TFS-3261T004-C01 (With Polished PAC .660's and Ti-Retainers)
    Texas Speed VVT 3.2 cam kit & DOD Delete with Comp Cams VCT Limiter
    Texas Speed 1.72:1 Ratio LS3 Steel Roller Rocker Arm Set w/ Roller Tip
    AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband Gauges (PN#30-0333)
    Fuel Injector Clinic ID850 Injectors
    GM Camaro ZL1 High Output Fuel Pump
    DSX Tuning Flex Fuel Kit + E85
    Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
    JRE 6L80E Trans Dipstock and Tube kit
    NGK Iridium IX spark plugs
    HP Tuners VCM Suite

Cam card and I have more valve lift via the TSP 1.72:1 roller rocker arms...

878a1e18789f4de0f566efdd98079750.jpg
    2010 Camaro SS 781rwhp
    TKR Stage 4 CTSV 6L90
    Circle D 258mm 3400 3B Pro Series Multi Disk
    Kooks Ceramic LT's & full 3in exhaust
    TFS GenX 255's (Polished PAC .660's and Ti-Retainers)
    TSP VVT 3.2 cam
    Smith Bro's trunnion kit
    AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband Gauges
    FIC ID1300x Injectors
    ZL1 Fuel Pump
    DSX Flex Fuel Kit / Auxiliary Fuel Pump Kit
    MM Camaro 5 Wild
    NGK Iridium IX #7
    HP Tuners MPVI2+
    ProCharger D1X @ 13psi