Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What i son the horizon for the yota camp?

Senior Tuner

What is on the horizon for the yota camp?

Is it just the truck stuff, or is there more coming down the pipe line for us?
    Last edited by Area47; 07-31-2018 at 12:21 PM.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    Is it just the truck stuff, or is there more coming down the pipe line for us?
    We are working on support for other vehicles, is there anything in particular you would like?
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    We are working on support for other vehicles, is there anything in particular you would like?
    I would absolutely love the 12+ 2grfe {camry} support. This would give me an incentive to buy the V2 actually. Would save me a lot of headaches trying to get a remote tune done by people who don't respond to emails, or want me to ship the ecm to them.

I would absolutely love the 12+ 2grfe {camry} support. This would give me an incentive to buy the V2 actually. Would save me a lot of headaches trying to get a remote tune done by people who don't respond to emails, or want me to ship the ecm to them.
    if you have an MPVI1 you can email me a VCM Info log. We don't have immediate plans for Camry but anyone who can test stuff certainly helps a lot.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    oddly enough i do have an info log of it!

Tuner in Training
    Any chance that the Toyota GSU40R 3.5 liter V6 will be supported? If I remember correctly, they have been around since about ‘07, but are still in production to this day. Must be heaps of them around. I have an 07 Kluger here in Australia, pretty sure they are called a Highlander in the US.

Thanks
    Last edited by crakrz; 08-01-2018 at 04:50 AM. Reason: .

Tuner in Training
    Hi Chris, any plans for 1GR-FE - 4.0L?

Quote Originally Posted by TBLTZ View Post
    Hi Chris, any plans for 1GR-FE - 4.0L?
    In which vehicle?
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by crakrz View Post
    Any chance that the Toyota GSU40R 3.5 liter V6 will be supported? If I remember correctly, they have been around since about ‘07, but are still in production to this day. Must be heaps of them around. I have an 07 Kluger here in Australia, pretty sure they are called a Highlander in the US.

Thanks
    haven't discussed that one, for Australia we are looking mostly at the Hilux and Landcruiser for future
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    In which vehicle?
    FJ Cruiser would be great
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    In which vehicle?
    RHD Land Cruiser 79 and FJ Cruiser

Advanced Tuner
    FJ crusier here to, but were drooling for tacomas support any timeframe for those??
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

working on Tacoma 1GR-FE now.

The big problem with Toyota is we can't just say oh yeah we support the 3UR-FE engine for the Tundra so now that should work in every other Toyota with that engine unfortunately isn't true due to the way the OBD2 port is accessed. Same goes for the 1GR-FE and every other engine/model. Even if we support the Landcruiser 3UR-FE in the US that doesn't mean we can support the Landcruiser in the UAE or any other country, even with same engine. Its very frustrating, but we are working very hard to increase coverage across the popular models.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

The big problem with Toyota is we can't just say oh yeah we support the 3UR-FE engine for the Tundra so now that should work in every other Toyota with that engine unfortunately isn't true due to the way the OBD2 port is accessed. Same goes for the 1GR-FE and every other engine/model. Even if we support the Landcruiser 3UR-FE in the US that doesn't mean we can support the Landcruiser in the UAE or any other country, even with same engine. Its very frustrating, but we are working very hard to increase coverage across the popular models.
    Anything we can do to help?

Advanced Tuner

I'm in M?xico and plenty of tacomas and jf to read ...just let me get muy mpvi2 and i read and send every VCM that i can get acces to
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by dlc_racing View Post
    I'm in M?xico and plenty of tacomas and jf to read ...just let me get muy mpvi2 and i read and send every VCM that i can get acces to
    You cannot read the toyota PCM by OBD2, this is the issue.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    You cannot read the toyota PCM by OBD2, this is the issue.
    The techstream writes through the port though. Has to do with the protocol in the ecm itself right?

The techstream writes through the port though. Has to do with the protocol in the ecm itself right?
    Yes, only if an update exists for the calibration in the PCM otherwise no.

eg. say you want a spare PCM for your 2010 Tacoma, a Toyota dealer orders a specific part # PCM that is the latest calibration for your specific vehicle. They can't just take any 1GR-FE PCM they might have on the shelf (or any other identical PCM) and change the calibration to suit your vehicle.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    In the case of mine {2grfe with the latest update} it can run through the port? R9ktuned stated something along these lines for the handheld he has, but never went into detail why. It seems to make sense now.

In the case of mine {2grfe with the latest update} it can run through the port? R9ktuned stated something along these lines for the handheld he has, but never went into detail why. It seems to make sense now.
    yes
    I count sheep in hex...