Thread: New Member - New to Tuning

Potential Tuner

New Member - New to Tuning

Hi All,

Ive heard great things about HP Tuners, and just finished my first engine build/swap (2.5 years of blood sweat and tears). Now its come time to tune this thing, and I almost pulled the trigger on the new MPVI 2 - until a buddy told me i cannot utilize a wideband for tuning on the new system? Can someone please clarify? If the new version cannot utilize a wideband, where can I get the old version?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    assuming you are using a CAN based vehicle you can utilize something like the AEM wideband that we sell on our products page https://www.hptuners.com/product/aem...troller-gauge/

additionally we are working on a solution for those using analog inputs as well, unfortunately the developement window didn't allow us time to deliver both the MPVI2 and the expander hub(for the wideband inputs) at the same time.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

If you have an older car that is a GM from like 98-07 using a P01/P59 computer you can always wire the wideband into a 5v circuit in the computer to run the wideband too. Most use the EGR circuit and create a custom channel for it, works great too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    assuming you are using a CAN based vehicle you can utilize something like the AEM wideband that we sell on our products page https://www.hptuners.com/product/aem...troller-gauge/

additionally we are working on a solution for those using analog inputs as well, unfortunately the developement window didn't allow us time to deliver both the MPVI2 and the expander hub(for the wideband inputs) at the same time.
    Bummer. Thanks for the reply.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If you have an older car that is a GM from like 98-07 using a P01/P59 computer you can always wire the wideband into a 5v circuit in the computer to run the wideband too. Most use the EGR circuit and create a custom channel for it, works great too.
    I suppose that would just require a pinout of the ecu correct?

Potential Tuner

MVP2 What do I need ?

I am also new to tuning, I already purchased the MVP2 with a couple of credits, I want to use a wide band and have data logging capability, I like the AEM unit you have, can you tell me everything else I need to buy from HP Tuners to give me what I need including Pro upgrade if I need it ? There are 2 vehicles I plan to start with, 2017 Chevy SS (Supercharged) and 2016 Chevy Silverado w/5.3l (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fc View Post
    I suppose that would just require a pinout of the ecu correct?
    Yes, it's like pins 55 and 41 or something close to that. One is the 5v, the other ground.

Quote Originally Posted by turboshaft View Post
    I am also new to tuning, I already purchased the MVP2 with a couple of credits, I want to use a wide band and have data logging capability, I like the AEM unit you have, can you tell me everything else I need to buy from HP Tuners to give me what I need including Pro upgrade if I need it ? There are 2 vehicles I plan to start with, 2017 Chevy SS (Supercharged) and 2016 Chevy Silverado w/5.3l (stock)
    Nothing really, the can-bus wideband works on both those vehicles.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turboshaft View Post
    Buy an AEM wideband (2 if you want to do one per vehicle) and you have everything else. You can read both vehicles and see what the credits look like, remember if you dont want to tune the FSCM just un-select it as it will cost 1 credit. You probably want to tune it on the SS, if the Silvy is stock should be fine not touching it.

Edit: 5FDP beat me to it!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned