Thread: Real Time Tuning question

Real Time Tuning question

I am using software version 4.0.6, and I am working on a 98 z28. I was wondering if there is an option for real time tuning on this car on the software update. I tried searching the interwebs, and had no luck finding anything about it. Do I need to be plugged into the car in order to see the drop down menu for it or something like that? If someone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Click the OS tab, you have to apply an OS that offers RTT.

Not every OS has one available.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

im working on a 98 trans am currently and it only has a 2bar option, No RTT. youre prob in the same boat man.

I actually just read something about the 98 only having the one operating system, so it seems like I would have to get a pcm from a 01 or 02 ls fbody and use that instead. Is there really any benefit to switching to that pcm/wiring on a bolt on ls car. Cam and heads will be added later, should it be switched to the newer pcm then?

Tuner in Training
    the 98 pcm doesnt have enough storage for the rtt option. one option is to swap in a pcm like the 0411 pcm and repin your harness