Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has a CORRECT Deka 80# gen3 file?

Senior Tuner

Who has a CORRECT Deka 80# gen3 file?

Since losing the original one I always worked off, Ive found no fewer than 3 variations of what people said was correct injector data for a red/blue or red/green ECU. Some "look" like what I remember it being but inj pulswidth was stuck at too high a floor min (should be able to idle stable around 1.65-1.72 mS from what I recall) etc

Who has a known correct version? It sometimes works OK with the wrong stuff in there, but shows its face on smaller engines with stock cams and such at the lower end of their resolution
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Advanced Tuner
    good luck

sub'd. I would like to have the same info as well due to an upcoming injector swap/tune ill be doing. If its in an excel spread sheet to copy and paste that would be killer!

Subbed for info. If I get mine tuned in before something comes up u will share it but will be a few weeks

Senior Tuner
    Why is this such hard info to come by correct anymore? Ever since Greg banish and his stupid DVD came about everyone became an injector data diva. used to be able to readily find it, now there is so much info on the internet and most of it you find is garbage info Whatever happened to helping the community:/

I swear Im going to have to assemble one of my old laptops and weed through the hundreds of car files on there - is rediculous

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Advanced Tuner
    heres a thread with some info on 80's - maybe give them a try and see how the car responds
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...80lb-injectors
    Last edited by TCSS07; 08-02-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    So I paid for banish's data and two things come up for me. I help out where I can but 1) I paid for it and no one else begging for "free" is paying for it so yeah I'm a little stingy over that and 2) the data has a copyright which makes it not mine to hand out.
    Not what you want to hear but yeah they play a role in why info gets held back.
    The other reason is the data isn't really going to be accurate for every setup. If I run a stock pump I get different flow data from a return regulator at 58 than when I run my dual 450lph pumps on the same regulator with larger lines. This banish data everyone loves is just my starting point. I check the flow error that the ECU picks up and make adjustments to flow and offsets to guarantee my flow data accuracy. It takes me a lot of time and I only do it on my personal cars because its an old school method that takes for ever. So after spending all that time I don't feel like sharing it for free and charging for it becomes a hassle because like I mentioned previously it's not a guranteed fit for another person's setup.

Yeah I'm sure something for you is out there in that pile but if you want it right send them out for characterization or research into the error offset tuning and manually make it match your rig. I've posted the instructions for the manual way many times it's in the forum for you if you wish to find it.

I'm not here to hurt anyone's feelings over injector data. I just want to tell you why it's hard to find it and just put my personal view out so you can see it from the shoes of someone who spends a lot of time trying to correct injector data the long way.

Tuner in Training
    This data works prefect.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    deka 80 excel spreadsheet

Advanced Tuner
    Anything for 60s?

Tuner in Training
    found this in the Tune Repository

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    Since losing the original one I always worked off, Ive found no fewer than 3 variations of what people said was correct injector data for a red/blue or red/green ECU. Some "look" like what I remember it being but inj pulswidth was stuck at too high a floor min (should be able to idle stable around 1.65-1.72 mS from what I recall) etc
    Transient Fuel Min Mg field will hold min IPW too high to idle with these in many factory cals. Since it's not in the injector section of the tune, you don't expect it to be a "floor" for min pulse, but it is. Info starts around post 9-10 in this thread: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Injector-Pulse

Try moving Transient Fuel Min Mg to 0.030 from 0.045 and see what you get. I'm shooting from old memory but I've done it more than once or twice.... also I think the math behind it maybe in the thread as well.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Transient Fuel Min Mg field will hold min IPW too high to idle with these in many factory cals.
    Exactly.

If I had it I’d give it to anyone who needed it. It’s just ridiculous to not help your fellow hot rodder. So let’s think of it this way. Your cruising down the road. You see someone with a flat tire. Middle of nowhere. Do you stop or keep going? I’ve stopped and helped several people. And I didn’t charge them a damn dime. And if they tried to pay me I didn’t take it. And I can assure you changing a tire in 95+ degree heat is a lot less fun that tuning on a car and gathering data. That I could share. Just saying. This is the part I hate about this tuning crap. People want to be secretive and not help. Yea. I get it. Your trying to make a living but how many people on this forum are coming to visit you for a tune? And not to mention if you do help people you always get paid back in return some way or another. Karma. I had a guy on one of the forums help me so greatly (his kind are very few and far between) when I just started tuning. He wouldn’t let me pay him, he told me to help the next guy any way I can. And I have. And I also rebuilt this guys transmission and I didn’t charge him. He shipped it to me and I shipped it back. We are family because we are connected by this passion for cars. I say help who you can. The favor will be returned.

Senior Tuner
    Transient Fuel Min Mg field will hold min IPW too high to idle with these in many factory cals. Since it's not in the injector section of the tune, you don't expect it to be a "floor" for min pulse, but it is. Info starts around post 9-10 in this thread: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Injector-Pulse

Try moving Transient Fuel Min Mg to 0.030 from 0.045 and see what you get. I'm shooting from old memory but I've done it more than once or twice.... also I think the math behind it maybe in the thread as well.
    Had that set at 0 so that wasnt holding anything up on a min floor

Supposedly that was supposed to be multiplied by 31.12 to get an actual IPW minimum so stock .045 should be 1.40ms min. I had mine at 0 so it SHOULDNT come into play at all. These seem to be hitting a floor min around 1.9 ms

Pretty sure Ive had them idling stably at 1.6ms before
    Last edited by GrannySShifting; 10-12-2018 at 12:06 PM.

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    Anything for 60s?
    if you still need info for 60's, pm me and ill send you a tune file.
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    Had that set at 0 so that wasnt holding anything up on a min floor

Supposedly that was supposed to be multiplied by 31.12 to get an actual IPW minimum so stock .045 should be 1.40ms min. I had mine at 0 so it SHOULDNT come into play at all. These seem to be hitting a floor min around 1.9 ms

Pretty sure Ive had them idling stably at 1.6ms before
    If they aren't knockoffs they may work clean to 1.2-1.3mS. If you don't have any "floors" getting the way, IPW should reduce with VE in OL as you "chop", even if the rest of it (offset/short pulse) isn't correct. If you chop in OL and it just stops, it's on a floor. When testing, you can make the SPA negative too.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

this worked perfect for me
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

Senior Tuner
    If they aren't knockoffs they may work clean to 1.2-1.3mS. If you don't have any "floors" getting the way, IPW should reduce with VE in OL as you "chop", even if the rest of it (offset/short pulse) isn't correct. If you chop in OL and it just stops, it's on a floor. When testing, you can make the SPA negative too.
    I get all my SD 80s from Racetronix because I weight the lean cylinders. Def is a floor of some kind acting on them, i tried to negative the SPA too and it only let me put in 0s? Not sure where the floor is on this thing. Got it to around 1.75ms mark i think

Frost are you the guy I get the P59 ecus from?

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    So I paid for banish's data and two things come up for me. I help out where I can but 1) I paid for it and no one else begging for "free" is paying for it so yeah I'm a little stingy over that and 2) the data has a copyright which makes it not mine to hand out.
    Not what you want to hear but yeah they play a role in why info gets held back.
    The other reason is the data isn't really going to be accurate for every setup. If I run a stock pump I get different flow data from a return regulator at 58 than when I run my dual 450lph pumps on the same regulator with larger lines. This banish data everyone loves is just my starting point. I check the flow error that the ECU picks up and make adjustments to flow and offsets to guarantee my flow data accuracy. It takes me a lot of time and I only do it on my personal cars because its an old school method that takes for ever. So after spending all that time I don't feel like sharing it for free and charging for it becomes a hassle because like I mentioned previously it's not a guranteed fit for another person's setup.

Yeah I'm sure something for you is out there in that pile but if you want it right send them out for characterization or research into the error offset tuning and manually make it match your rig. I've posted the instructions for the manual way many times it's in the forum for you if you wish to find it.

I'm not here to hurt anyone's feelings over injector data. I just want to tell you why it's hard to find it and just put my personal view out so you can see it from the shoes of someone who spends a lot of time trying to correct injector data the long way.
    how much do you want for your data pm me i have a 450lp and 60 psi return style regulator ill like to try this out