Thread: Holden Caprice V8 Push Button Start Timeout

Tuner in Training

Holden Caprice V8 Push Button Start Timeout

Hi All,
    I have just taken delivery on my MPVI2 and am keep to start tweaking. But I am having a problem. I have a 2015 Holden Caprice that has Push Button start and when I press the start button (without the brake so the engine does not start) the accessories do not stay on long enough to perform an entire read. I looks like about 2 minutes is all I get and the E38 says it will take 2min 30sec to read. Nearing the end of the read, the accessories turn off automatically and VCM Editor return a timeout error. Is there a way to get the accessories to stay on longer.

I was able to read the T43 TCM which took about 1min30sec and the FSCM which took less than 1min.

I'll upload a screen shot shortly when I get a change.

Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    Push and hold the buttton for longer, maybe 10 seconds and it won?t time out

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Ben. I'll give it a try.

Tuner in Training
    It works. If I hold the start button down for about 5 seconds, it goes from accessories to start, but does not start the engine. It stays like that until I press to start/stop button again. Doing a full read worked fine with no timeouts. Thanks for the tip.

Advanced Tuner
    No worries man, thanks for confirming for others who come across this thread.