Thread: Controller Unlocker Web Service Exception

Potential Tuner

Controller Unlocker Web Service Exception

I get this error "Controller Unlocker Web Service Exception " is there something wrong with the HPT server today? I am trying to read a 2017 Corvette and naturally the customer is from out of town and waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by tjwong007 View Post
    I get this error "Controller Unlocker Web Service Exception " is there something wrong with the HPT server today? I am trying to read a 2017 Corvette and naturally the customer is from out of town and waiting!
    Are you using 4.0 or 4.1 software?

Potential Tuner
    I am using 3.6.26 I have tuned several 2017 Corvettes without issues other than getting into your server. I am also using the old MPVI 1 box not your new interfaced.
    Last edited by tjwong007; 07-31-2018 at 06:19 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I am using 3.6.26 I have tuned several 2017 Corvettes without issues other than getting into your server. I am also using the old MPVI 1 box not your new interfaced.
    Update to 4.0.12, 3.6 is no longer supported.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    OK I did that finally got the cal read, but its telling me that it can't read the TCM and it needs your support to unlock the TCM what do I need to do

Advanced Tuner
    OK I did that finally got the cal read, but its telling me that it can't read the TCM and it needs your support to unlock the TCM what do I need to do
    "2Note: 2017+ GM 8-Speed and 10-Speed Tranmission Control Modules require unlock via HP tuners GM TCM Unlock service before tuning."

If its the 8-10spd TCM, you have to send it out for modification as far as i know

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HackAbuse View Post
    "2Note: 2017+ GM 8-Speed and 10-Speed Tranmission Control Modules require unlock via HP tuners GM TCM Unlock service before tuning."

If its the 8-10spd TCM, you have to send it out for modification as far as i know
    Well, were not going to do that on this trip!