Thread: 2001 S10 4.3 5speed

Tuner in Training

2001 S10 4.3 5speed

Need some help figuring out why the truck is so shakey at idle. Some info on the truck, 2001 s10 4.3 5speed. Engine has less than 3k miles on it since fully rebuilt, .020 over bore, stock 1994 4.3 CPI cam
    (CPI cam specs;'92-'95, Vin W, w/ balance shaft
    - Lift (I/E) - .432/.440
    - Dur @ .050 (I/E) - .208/.208)

vs the stock 2001 cam
    (- Lift (I/E) - .415/.429
    - Dur @ .050 (I/E) - .191/.195).

Motor has stock air intake tube, stock manifolds, stock y pipe with alll cats and o2 sensors in place. It was basically a completely stock rebuild including new injector spider unit. Truck has a very noticable shake at idle. Ive slowly been working on the ve table as my starting point for tuning. I have tried adjusting timing with the special functions in the vcm scanner and it has made no difference in the shake at idle. Included are the stock tune file, most recent tune file with no DFCO COT MAF Fail and the most recent Log file that was logged while using this tune file. Im curious as to what i can do to eliminate this shake and make the idle smooth. Any and all help or advice is greatly appreciated.

7-26-18s10 VE TUNING DATA LOGGING.hpt
    7-26-18vetuninglog2.hpl
    s10 Base Tune.hpt
    Last edited by XeRoX17; 07-31-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Tuner
    First thing to check in my head is t he spider injection unit.. How sure are you that the poppet tubes are going into the correct holes?? Not doubting your ability, just seen enough put in the wrong holes by accident or by people that didn't know they went in specific holes..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tek1229 View Post
    First thing to check in my head is t he spider injection unit.. How sure are you that the poppet tubes are going into the correct holes?? Not doubting your ability, just seen enough put in the wrong holes by accident or by people that didn't know they went in specific holes..
    They are definitely in the correct ports, this is also the "upgrded?" one where the 6 injectors are at the end of the tube instead of the poppit valves.

Tuner in Training
    what type of shaking we talking, like its gonna turn off, running out of gas, or like a miss fire type of shake, or just bad mounts ?

Did you check the repo ? there's a few 01-02 s10 to go off, help me a lot but i got the 00 s-10 ecu and i think the 01 and up are a bit diff.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by duck4twenty View Post
    what type of shaking we talking, like its gonna turn off, running out of gas, or like a miss fire type of shake, or just bad mounts ?

Did you check the repo ? there's a few 01-02 s10 to go off, help me a lot but i got the 00 s-10 ecu and i think the 01 and up are a bit diff.
    Sort of like a miss but its not missing as far as i can tell. Runs great off idle.

Tuner in Training
    ttt