Thread: post pic of your lc1 to mpvi eio pls.

Advanced Tuner

post pic of your lc1 to mpvi eio pls.

can someone please post a pic of it? Im looking at the help file and this is what im getting from it.
    lc1 white pin 1
    lc1 green pin 4
    lc1 red 12v pwr source (running off the TCS)
    lc1 blue going to reroute to the battery
    where is the analog input at? Im going to run it as a WB only, not a NB/WB. Thats all I see on here is issues with setting it up that way, but not much on just the WB. Can someone please shed some light on this for me so I can get back to tuning
    Nino

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2947

Have you looked through this thread yet? The wiring is all the same, just leave out the NB parts...
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Nino -

I'd do a quick read through here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ground+offsets

Everything wires up the same as your other EIO, but that thread clears up some grounding questions.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    i never had a eio before which is why im confused. the old threads refer to colors on each side of the interface. ill check those threads out. thanks!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2947

Have you looked through this thread yet? The wiring is all the same, just leave out the NB parts...
    yes i have gone through that thread quite a few times. Let me clear up my question. I didnt want to start another "how do i connect my lc1 to my mpvi eio" becaue someone would've posted the link you did. As i mentioned earlier.
    I see white from the lc1 goes to pin 1
    does anything go to pin 2?
    if blue is supposed to go to pin 3, then Im not doing that. Im routing it to the battery.
    lc1 green goes to pin 4 (ground)
    what are pins 5 and 6? I know the black wire on the lc1 is for the calibration wire. are pins 7 or 8 used? All I want to do is connect my lc1 to the eio. nothing more.

Okay - here goes:

LC1 White AND Green - these are both "ground" wires of sorts, and need to go to a chassis ground (can be anywhere, including the negative terminal on the battery, the engine block, etc).

LC1 Blue - this is the heater element ground wire, and also needs to be grounded to the chassis somewhere, but should be as close as possible to where the white and green wires are grounded, but not to the exact same spot. I know of people grounding this straight to the negative terminal on the battery.

LC1 Red - needs to go to a switched 12V source. The pink TCS wire works, but I'm not sure how much current it needs. I run mine off of a wire that goes into my driver's side, interior fuse box, into the 12V Accessory spot. If you look in your owner's manual, you'll see where this is located, and it is there for wiring up aftermarket stuff. It accepts a single, blade-style connector. Crimp a wire on to a blade connector, slide it in, and run said wire under your dash for easy access (I tap into mine a few places).

LC1 Yellow - not used in your application.

LC1 Brown - Analog output 2 (wideband output). This is what goes to the EIO's analog input (pins 1, 2, 3, or 4, depending on what you want).

LC1 Black - Calibration wire. You run this wire to one side of the push button switch, and then run a wire from the other terminal of the push button switch to ground. When pressed, this will ground the unit, and cause it to calibrate.

Now, according to the link I posted, the WHITE and GREEN wires need to be grounded to pins 5 OR 6 on the EIO connector - both 5 and 6 are grounds, and get their ground through the OBDII harness. This ensures that you don't have a ground loop while logging. Now, if leaving your wideband in the car full time, and you don't have the EIO plugged in, you need to make sure to reground those two wires back to a chassis ground when not logging with the EIO.

I'm sending you a PM with my cell...give me a call and I can walk you through it if this doesn't help.

Steve
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130